Turkey with Bumblefoot

I don't believe the tylan would help with the bumble foot. The swelling will not go down until the corns under each scab have been removed. Sometimes you can soak and squeeze them out but larger ones need to be taken out surgically. Afterwards a topical antibiotic can be put on and the foot wrapped. Do a search for bumble foot surgery.
Since they is also a respiratory infection, there may be more going on than bumblefoot, such as mycoplasma synovitis, which Tylan would work for treatment. But I do think that a vet should be consulted, since other antibiotics could treat both staph infection or MS/MG. I agree about doing bumblefoot surgery, but this seems more serious, requiring a vet.

Since they is also a respiratory infection, there may be more going on than bumblefoot, such as mycoplasma synovitis, which Tylan would work for treatment. But I do think that a vet should be consulted, since other antibiotics could treat both staph infection or MS/MG. I agree about doing bumblefoot surgery, but this seems more serious, requiring a vet.

Sorry clarification, I don't think injecting tylan would help the bumble foot. I can't address the ms/mg, your right on consulting a vet.

@fergyc212t316 Did you finally find a solution for this? My turkey Clyde is suffering from terribly swollen feet. I am pretty sure he has Bumblefoot. I have no idea how to go about treating him. He is so huge don’t know how to go about soaking or cutting on him. Any help would be most appreciated.

I don't believe the tylan would help with the bumble foot. The swelling will not go down until the corns under each scab have been removed. Sometimes you can soak and squeeze them out but larger ones need to be taken out surgically. Afterwards a topical antibiotic can be put on and the foot wrapped. Do a search for bumble foot surgery.
I am experiencing bumble foot with my turkey and was wondering if there’s a good antibiotic I can get her?

I am experiencing bumble foot with my turkey and was wondering if there’s a good antibiotic I can get her?
If you could post pictures, and give more details, that would help. If you did that on a new thread of your own that would even get you more attention. You could begin by soaking the foot in warm Epsom salts water or water with Betadine or Hibiclens. Here is where to start a new thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures.10/post-thread

If you could post pictures, and give more details, that would help. If you did that on a new thread of your own that would even get you more attention. You could begin by soaking the foot in warm Epsom salts water or water with Betadine or Hibiclens. Here is where to start a new thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures.10/post-thread
My apologies. I do have a picture. Just having a hard time taking the scab off and she keeps moving her foot bc I’m sure it hurts

Attachments

• IMG_8719.jpeg
    IMG_8719.jpeg
    412 KB · Views: 2
I usually do the simple surgery, but sometimes using an Epsom salts soak for a day or two before hand may help. You would want to soften and remove the black scab and then squeeze out as much of the yellow core as you can. There are many methods of removing bumblefoot infection.

Back
Top Bottom