Turning the eggs during incubatoin

mateeb4u

In the Brooder
5 Years
Nov 13, 2014
HI,
I am going to buy a manual incubator,
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HHD-..._3&btsid=0d12eec8-e072-498c-a491-2962cf8f7959

Some people tells me that you need trun you chicken eggs during incubation, can you please tell me that is need to turn the eggs if use this machine, and how i need to turn and how many times i need to turn eggs, and tell me what happen i dont turn the eggs, and any needy thing that i have to know during incubation if i use this machine,
Thanks

It still doesn't work but I found it by searching the part number given in your link.

You will need something to measure the humidity and temperature (don't trust the built in temp reading).

To "turn" if you are using the tray it comes with that holds the eggs upright, put the incubator so half of it is on a book and it is tilted. Then at least 3 times a day switch which side the book is on so the opposite side is higher. Make sure the eggs are in the tray pointy side down.

OK, if Idont switch the eggs , chicks goes to die in egg shell am i right,
I have updated the link again , thank for reply and self surfing to get link,
Please tell me extra advice if i need, pointy side mean Bigger side of oval(Egg)
I have update the link again and it is working now

Last edited:
Yes, if the eggs are not turned the embryo will most likely die because from what I have read the yolk can crush it or it can stick to the side. Most people turn the eggs until day 18 but some have said you can stop after day 14 or 15 (remember to count the day after you put the eggs in as day 1). Even the mother hen turns the eggs, so it is not just required for incubators.

Pointy side is the smaller pointier end. The bigger side has the air sac and that needs to stay facing up.

The link is working now :)

Yes, if the eggs are not turned the embryo will most likely die because from what I have read the yolk can crush it or it can stick to the side. Most people turn the eggs until day 18 but some have said you can stop after day 14 or 15 (remember to count the day after you put the eggs in as day 1). Even the mother hen turns the eggs, so it is not just required for incubators.

Pointy side is the smaller pointier end. The bigger side has the air sac and that needs to stay facing up.

The link is working now :)
Sun has pretty much summed everything up nicely. Yes, it is needed to turn the eggs for at least the first 2 weeks and as mentioned, most people continue until day 18 when t hey go into lockdown. If the egg is not turned regularly the developing embryo can adhere to the shell. This will/can cause developmental problems and deformaties. Not turning can cause, reduced area vasculosa, reduced subembryonic fluid, and disrupt the development of the chorioallantoic membrane and can cause a higher instance of malpositioned chicks.

If you'd like to read more about it yourself, the Oxford journal has more on studies in this area with turning, not turning or not turning an adequate amount/adequate angle. http://japr.oxfordjournals.org/content/18/3/447.full

I have to turn the eggs only 50% at a time, like sowing in image ,and apply symbol on eggs for helping,

difference is in my machine eggs direction is verticaly, but in image eggs direction is horizontaly,
One more thing, i have seen in many image some incubator has eggs horizontaly same like image and some incubator verticaly egg place,which is better, or what is difference.
thansk

I have to turn the eggs only 50% at a time, like sowing in image ,and apply symbol on eggs for helping,

difference is in my machine eggs direction is verticaly, but in image eggs direction is horizontaly,
One more thing, i have seen in many image some incubator has eggs horizontaly same like image and some incubator verticaly egg place,which is better, or what is difference.
thansk

Horizontal is more natural, but there really isn't a great difference. I have higher hatch rates with my eggs laying down and hand turning that I did with teh automatic turner with them upright. Vertically though, you have to make sure that the pointed end is down and the air cell end is up.

Back
Top Bottom