Tweety has diahrrea

EileenC

Chirping
Jul 22, 2015
I think my house chicken,Tweety, has diarrhea. I let her out of her cage down in the basement this morning and she came into the first room with me when I was filling the chicks food tray (they are in a brooder separate from Tweety) and had explosive diarrhea, not a little amount but about the size of a coffee saucer. It looked like she had some in her cage this morning too (I cleaned her cage yesterday) and has been pretty quiet this morning until I went downstairs. She was getting into the cat food until I started putting up the cat dishes because she likes to get into them and get cat food everywhere plus eating it. Since she is old enough (6 mo old) we have been putting her outside (unsupervised) so she can get some sunshine. Any ideas what could be causing it?

Try some probiotics.

I have no idea what tweety has been eating or drinking or what the other conditions are so the answer may lie in those questions.

I've been putting electrolytes with microbials in her water everytime I change and clean her waterer. It's the same as what in giving the chicks. When she's outside we don't know what she's eating but in the house it's strictly her egg laying food and a few vegetable scraps, if she even eats them. Sometimes a few breads crumbs but not very often.

Back
Top Bottom