Two cockerels attacking each other. Covered in blood and mud. Missing feathers.

Jul 1, 2017
Barnevelder lover!
These guys grew up together. They have together survived 2 fox attacks. They have been fighting each other for a while. They are half soaked and covered in mud, which makes me think they fell into the dam? They have this mad look in their eyes, and they had blood all over them. They were both missing multiple feathers. One of them was losing, and has more serious injuries. They have never fought this badly before. I have them separated, but as soon as I put them together again, one of them restarts the fight.

Some boys will live peacefully once a pecking order has been established. Others will not ever be able to tolerate the presence of other males, even if raised together. It's entirely up to the individuals. Sounds like your boys need to be permanently separated.

I agree you need to separate them now. I've seen some good fights between roosters. They may look terrible but they all heal up.

Maybe they got in a fight in a mud puddle. I've seen cockerels get so het-up while fighting that they keep at it no matter what or where.

Once my Ameraucana rooster killed another when they fought. My show quality one survived, but it was badly injured, and we had two left after one died. That one who died was IN A CAGE. :th

Back
Top Bottom