Two Hygrometers, Two Different Readings?

sunny & the 5 egg layers

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 29, 2011
I have two different hygrometers in my incubator. One of them is a cheapy one from Petco. I calibrated it before and it was 8% off. (If it was 8% humidity in the incubator, it would only read 0%).
Well, I just bought a brand new Hygrometer/Thermometer combo from TSC for $20.00. I have not calibrated this one because it is an indoor/outdoor, with two different pieces.

I have both hygrometers inside my incubator and they are both giving me two different readings.
The Petco one reads: 9%
The TSC Outdoor/Indoor reads: 29%

Which humidity do I go by?

I have two different hygrometers in my incubator. One of them is a cheapy one from Petco. I calibrated it before and it was 8% off. (If it was 8% humidity in the incubator, it would only read 0%).
Well, I just bought a brand new Hygrometer/Thermometer combo from TSC for $20.00. I have not calibrated this one because it is an indoor/outdoor, with two different pieces.

I have both hygrometers inside my incubator and they are both giving me two different readings.
The Petco one reads: 9%
The TSC Outdoor/Indoor reads: 29%

Which humidity do I go by?
Do the salt cal check and you will know...Yes its 2 piece but most I have seen the outdoor part is temp only .The hygrometer is in the inside part.I have 2 diff ones and there both that way...Also new don't mean right...cva34

I do put in a hygrometer, but I don't really use it. I let the eggs tell me if they are drying out enough or too much by candling and comparing to pics at 7, 14 and 18 days. I have even delayed lockdown to dry the eggs a little more.

Remember ventilation is also a factor in drying the eggs. Sufficient air needs to be able to leave the incubator to remove the moist air.

My last hatch I had lost the hydrometer and only found it after the hatch was over !
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom