Two Im a little confused on...

Kaelinstorm

Chirping
8 Years
May 17, 2011
Lampasas
I got these in a bulk tub at TSC and all they said were they were all runners (I dont think they knew much at all LOL) But I think the white is a Cornish(?) Shes pretty chunky unlike the white leghorns Ive seen... and the One in the back I think is an Araucana or an Americauna but Im not sure at all. It had markings similar to a baby mallard duck when it was younger (brown and yellow streaks on its head) This one takes a slimmer more feminine look than the white one (as you can see)
261983_10150235524081478_501426477_7953334_5695982_n.jpg

Heres a "close-up" of the speckled one. The one in front is a Bantam, I know that.
269121_10150235523516478_501426477_7953320_2878143_n.jpg

Keep in mind they are still quite young. About 2 months old? Ive lost track of time
lol.png
If anyone can tell me what they are I would appreciate it! It wouldnt matter much because they are my girl-fellers but Id still love to know!
smile.png

THANKS!

White one is a Cornish Rock Cross it looks like, and will need to be butchered before it gets much older. Stripey one looks to be a Barred rock roo...maybe black sex link roo. Not sure on the other.

Your biggest white one is a meat bird (male) and should be about time to put on the table.

The smallest is also a male, not sure of breeds on the non meat birds, just they look to be of Mediterranean decent.

The white one is definitely a Cornish Cross. She will need butchering soon
sad.png
. The grey girl is most likely a Standard Silver Duckwing Old English Game hen. I would need a picture of her comb to make absolutely sure though.

Either way, a very handsome group!

White looks like a Cornish X Hen
The Speckled Banty is a Crele Colored Old English Game Roo
And the other two look like Dark Brahmas to me!! (hens)

Last edited:
I dont butcher mine. I keep them as pets/layers.
sad.png
I checked on Black Sexlinks and Barred rocks and it doesnt look like any in the pictures and the babies definitely dont look like this one did as a baby

This isnt my picture but this is EXACTLY what it looked like as a baby
phoenix01.jpg

Oh and the "other two" are the same bird Teehee Thats Bacon. BTW Biscuits The Cornish (who will not be on my plate soon LOL) For some reason has never grown feathers on her butt! I am sure they arent being picked and shes eatting the right stuff... I cant figure it out!? Some seem to be coming in but they have seemed that way for a month now... like they are growing at a snails pace! Whats wrong with her? Oh and are yall sure that little Bantam is a guy?
sad.png
I dont need another Roo! X( It hasnt started to crow or anything... and its really skiddish - Unlike my full grown Roo (Snack) who is a terror and a half with a size complex! As for Dark Brahma do those all have fuzzy feets? Because she doesnt...? Maybe shes just a pure american mutt chicken?! LOL

Back
Top Bottom