Two legged predator !!! how to stop the person...

I would do a booby trap full of black or red Rit dye so when the opend the door that the bucket would dump on them and die them.
somad.gif
Then you would know who it was cause their skin would be dyed.....
rant.gif

Last edited:
You have got to be kiddin me. i cannot believe this actually happens. I feel sorry for the chickens, they probably ended up being dinner.

If you put a shock don't straight wire it. We use electric fences all over our farm and shock it tough, but nothing like a house outlet. Since they are doing this on a regular basis, I bet they will figure out how to get around the gate being hot.

Like the others say, get the police involved, get a game cam -- one that does not flash or you will lose your game cam too. I have one that is one of those infrared (sp) so the predators can't see the flash.

I wish you luck, invasion of privacy is not a good feeling. I guess you can be thankful it has only been your chickens and not your household goods.

If the problem is really with the squatters, sometimes just the police report is enough as the police will go try to interview them and may find other criminal activity. Even if the police don't find something else, the squatters will often move on to avoid the risk of getting caught. Perhaps you can contact the owner of the barn and have them file trespass charges as well. The squatters will probably move on to another barn.

A word of caution: don't pull a gun unless you are really prepared to use it if forced to. Maybe you are prepared to shoot a person. If not, they could turn the gun on you. If you hesitate for a second, you lose.

Just talked to one of my neighbors at the local wally-world, and they told us about five houses down from us was broken into this past sunday,the alarm went off and the thief took off running, the police came and said it would be written up as vandalism since nothing wasnt taken, I am putting out a "HOT" wire and hopefully someone gets popped, also a buddy told me radio shack has a great litte device that shoots out a laser and when someone crosses it a alarm goes off in your house !! yep someone is going to get some rocksalt in the behind, I have 6 coops yes I know but I keep diff breeds apart,and the two legged one loves the silkies which I meant to go to the local flea market to see if we coud find our silkies and bantys,I dont mean to be ticked but I am tired of things disappearing duing the night which I hope tonight is a holler night !!! thanks everyone if you live in Lebanon and know someone selling white sikies at a unreasonable cheap price please let me know..

Quote:
One of the benefits of living out west
big_smile.png
You are expected to shoot varmints...2 or 4 legged!

I'm so sorry you have to deal with people like that.

It's that way here in the south too. Several years ago we had a thief move in up the road from us and we had a couple of things come up missing. I called a friend in the sheriff's office and told him what was missing & who I suspected,. he just said "Shoot the ***".

Now I'm not saying to kill anyone, you don't want that hassle or to have it on your conscience. (At least not over a few chickens) But a low powder charge 12 gauge load loaded with rock salt won't kill anyone at any decent range... they'll just wish they were dead for a few days.

Trust me... experiance talking. A cousin and I got the "Salt Warning" when we were teens and though it would be funny to sneak onto my neighbor's farm and sample a taste from his moonshine still. It didn't kill us, but we darn shure didn't go back! (Didn't sit down properly for at least a week to boot).

I like the game cam idea too, have picture proof of who was doing it.

Back
Top Bottom