Two things that I have noticed in the last 6 months

buc

Songster
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
kansas
One I had advertised my add on monarch wood stove before and got no takers, so I posted it on craigs list a month ago and have 3 lookiewookies and one buyer.

The buyer did not haggle over my asking price and came and picked it up the day we talked over the phone, paid in cash, and thank me for a fine stove at a great price, I thanked him .

I also have noticed that many people are stocking more firewood around thier homes.

Glad you found a buyer! Been along winter here we have used out woodstove since September and from the looks of todays weather it may be July before it warms up!!! Brrrrr......

We've heated with our wood stove for the last 30+ years. Haven't turned the furnace on at all for the last 2 or 3 years....and not because it hasn't been cold either!! Just trying to save a few bucks. I love my wood stove heat.

We have an outdoor woodburner at our new house. We just got it repaired last week and I LOVE it!
love.gif
It's so nice and cozy in our house now and it's nice to know that no bill is coming for the fuel for it! We have enough wooded acreage to provide the firewoods ourselves.
smile.png

Quote:
I am glad to hear that you are heating with wood.

The independence that comes with heating with wood is priceless.

I have heated with my same wood furnance for about 20 years and it keeps us nice and warm all winter long. I have turned off my propane backup for the first time this year. No need to be burning the pilot light for no reason.

Quote:
As I said, I turned my propane furnace this year.

Katy I too am living in kansas and loving my wood heater. Some days with the wind blowing and the real temp around 10 below it is nice not to hear the propane furnace turning off and on all day with the understanding it was costing me money the whole time.

Yes, the wood burner cost me money, the fan to blow the heat thru the duct work and the saws and gas and oils, but not even in the same area as the propane heater.

I project my labor with the wood saves me about 1 k a year. over about 20 years that is a new truck.

Back
Top Bottom