Two week old bantam chick has crooked neck/ spine

I just came across an article stating that Tumeric tea (same as we would drink, if we were to drink it) can help with wry neck if that’s what it is.
I also add a pinch of turmeric to her vitamin e capsule that she gets daily. She's growing just fine, but that crooked neck won't better at all. Poor thing. I think I'll up the dosage on the b vitamin and also give more vitamin e.

Just a little extra B vitamins is needed for the thiamine (B1.) Just one source is needed. That, the E, and a little egg for selenium. Selenium can be overdosed, so better to come from a little egg rather than a supplement.

Is she walking much. In the video, she doesn’t seem to move much. How is she eating and drinking? Wry neck is very common in young chicks, and it can improve in days or weeks.

She's moving very well and even takes "straw dirt baths" in the brooder. Looks somewhat weird with her head cocked to the side, but she's fine otherwise. Eating and drinking just awesome! I am giving goat gel in small portions 4 times a day, vitamin b complex as injection, and 1 whole vitamin e gel capsule squeezed into her mouth once a day. The egg yolks I cook first for more bioavailability, and then I add water to that. They all slurp it right up.

Back
Top Bottom