Two week old Polish chick is shaking head and making an odd peep noise

saylahvie

Chirping
Aug 31, 2021
We have a single polish chick that appears to be shaking his head a lot and making a single odd peep noise (cough/sneeze?). The little chick seems to be eating and drinking fine. It is a few days younger than the others but roughly the same size as the other brown one similar in age. No other chicks have similar symptoms.

Any idea what is going on? We suspected it might be dust from the pine shavings so we put an air purifier next to the brooder yesterday but no change do far.

How is your chick?
Sorry no one responded to this thread.
Still doing the same sneezing motion but she is eating and drinking fine. None of the other chicks are showing any symptoms. We might try giving the chick some electrolytes solution because I saw another post that a chick shaking its head could be due to a nutritional deficiency. Hoping someone might respond soon. Attached a picture update :)
1295654E-B50C-406B-86B5-F5A9D2555027.jpeg

Still doing the same sneezing motion but she is eating and drinking fine. None of the other chicks are showing any symptoms. We might try giving the chick some electrolytes solution because I saw another post that a chick shaking its head could be due to a nutritional deficiency. Hoping someone might respond soon. Attached a picture update :) View attachment 3194827
She/he is soooo cute!!!
I agree that it could be a vitamin deficiency.

How is your chick doing?
Still making the same noise and head shake but the chick seems to be growing well! We even got him to pose (briefly haha) for our pregnancy announcement :love

Attachments

• 1F7A20BB-F9D5-4A3F-B42B-DBBB8792C7F3.jpeg
    1F7A20BB-F9D5-4A3F-B42B-DBBB8792C7F3.jpeg
    693 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom