UGH egg eating! But with a twist.

KyCoop

Songster
Oct 23, 2020
Central Kentucky
So I have 9 girls. 2 of which are white leghorns 3 yrs old. Betty and Rose. A couple of months ago Rose was feeling poorly and started laying soft shell and fairy eggs. Betty started eating said eggs. Nobody else's just Rose. Well after a couple of weeks she started feeling better but had stopped laying all together and I thought well she is just done laying and she is a free loading pet now. They was 2 months ago. Betty did not eat any eggs during this time. Until today. Rose laid an egg and Betty ate Rose's AND her egg! What is with this girl and eating only her sisters eggs??

So I have 9 girls. 2 of which are white leghorns 3 yrs old. Betty and Rose. A couple of months ago Rose was feeling poorly and started laying soft shell and fairy eggs. Betty started eating said eggs. Nobody else's just Rose. Well after a couple of weeks she started feeling better but had stopped laying all together and I thought well she is just done laying and she is a free loading pet now. They was 2 months ago. Betty did not eat any eggs during this time. Until today. Rose laid an egg and Betty ate Rose's AND her egg! What is with this girl and eating only her sisters eggs??
Are they still eating eggs?

Rose has not laid another egg yet so no, Betty has not eaten any eggs. Its weird, just weird.
I worry that Betty is going to teach the younger girls that all eggs are yummy not just the white ones. At that point, roll away boxes will have to be built.

Back
Top Bottom