Ultrasonic predator repellents?

Cold-Blood

Tarantula Time!
Apr 26, 2022
Tatooine
I'm wondering if there are any ultrasonic predator repellent devices that would work to protect my coop. It it located right next to a pond, and is one of the few permanent water sources around during the summer, so everything Predators include, but are not limited to: Bears, Foxes, Raccoons, hawks (redtail, red shouldered, coopers, sharp shinned, northern goshawk, cats (bobcat and feral), coyotes, opossums, gopher snakes, danger of rattlesnakes, opossums, and possibly weasels. There may be more but those are then ones we have experienced or seen.
Currently we have a covered coop and run, and an electric fence on at almost all times. We already had a bear tear right into then henhouse like it was made of straw (before the electric fence)
The side of the copper is thick welded wire, which will have hardware cloth over it at some point. All that to say, what Would be the best non fencing deterrents?

I've never seen an ultrasonic device that performed as advertised. Motion lights or motion camera device will help you catch them on the property and maybe a baby monitor.

I've never seen an ultrasonic device that performed as advertised. Motion lights or motion camera device will help you catch them on the property and maybe a baby monitor.
Thank you. Catching them on the property doesn't exactly help because we are on a nature reserve, with significant land. I'll look into motion lights though. Thanks again!

Thank you. Catching them on the property doesn't exactly help because we are on a nature reserve, with significant land. I'll look into motion lights though. Thanks again!
If I lived in a nature preserve I'd keep them locked up and make a huge run with an electric fence. Otherwise you'll have to incubate your own chicks to replace the ones they kill sorry.

Back
Top Bottom