Unbalanced and Lethargic Hen

Still here! I've been busy with school this weekend. Finals and projects and concerts coming up!
And aww I would be doing the same thing! If I had a bunch of little chicks they wouldn't leave my sight!

Oh sorry! I don't mean to interrupt you when you're busy!
1f627.png
1f609.png
1f61d.png
I hope stuff goes well with you!
1f64c.png

So today out of curiosity we contacted a woman who can communicate with animals. She spoke with Daisy and told me Daisy said the issue was with her stomach/intestines, which makes sense. She said it's likely she had the issue since she was born, but she wasn't sure exactly what was wrong. She also said Daisy wants to come back as a white chicken in the near future. Very interesting stuff! She's worked with my dogs as well, and I really think that she does have this ability! I'll have to keep a look out for white chickens at the fair this year!

Hi everyone!
Found out bad news about Lilybug and I'm am totally heartbroken. The vet took xrays Saturday and saw she has an enlarged liver and has fungus surrounding her airsacs. She prescribed meds but did not say if this is something she can recover from. She does not know why she has an enlarged liver. and it is possible Lilybug ingested mold from our home which may have caused the fungus. We moved here in Georgia from Pennsylvania about 1 year ago because my daughter called me and said she was moving to Georgia. I didn't want to be that far from her so we left EVERYTHING and moved. Being we have chickens living in the house and our credit is not good enough to buy a home we had to find a rent to own or owner financing home to live in and that would be ready for us to move right into when we got here in Georgia.I found a company that did owner financing and saw pictures through craigslist and their website and it looked fine. When we got here...MOLD all over! We are financially tight all the time and did what we could about the mold but I guess it just wasn't good enough. I basically gave my babies the death sentence. Plus, I am stuck in this house because we can't afford to move.We can't put them outside because they would never survive and it doesn't help we live in the woods where there is lots of critters that could hurt or even kill them. DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO BUT WATCH HER AND MY OTHERS DIE.So upset and sad.
hit.gif

Hi everyone!
 Found out bad news about Lilybug and I'm am totally heartbroken. The vet took xrays Saturday and saw she has an enlarged liver and has fungus surrounding her airsacs. She prescribed meds but did not say if this is something she can recover from. She does not know why she has an enlarged liver. and it is possible Lilybug ingested mold from our home which may have caused the fungus. We moved here in Georgia from Pennsylvania about 1 year ago because my daughter called me and said she was moving to Georgia. I didn't want to be that far from her so we left EVERYTHING and moved. Being we have chickens living in the house and our credit is not good enough to buy a home we had to find a rent to own or owner financing home to live in and that would be ready for us to move right into when we got here in Georgia.I found a company that did owner financing and saw pictures through craigslist and their website and it looked fine. When we got here...MOLD all over! We are financially tight all the time and did what we could about the mold but I guess it just wasn't good enough. I basically gave my babies the death sentence. Plus, I am stuck in this house because we can't afford to move.We can't put them outside because they would never survive and it doesn't help we live in the woods where there is lots of critters that could hurt or even kill them. DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO BUT WATCH HER AND MY OTHERS DIE.So upset and sad. :hit

Does this mean that she IS GOING to die?!
1f625.png
I hope not! Can she recover from it?!!
1f627.png

Hi everyone!
Found out bad news about Lilybug and I'm am totally heartbroken. The vet took xrays Saturday and saw she has an enlarged liver and has fungus surrounding her airsacs. She prescribed meds but did not say if this is something she can recover from. She does not know why she has an enlarged liver. and it is possible Lilybug ingested mold from our home which may have caused the fungus. We moved here in Georgia from Pennsylvania about 1 year ago because my daughter called me and said she was moving to Georgia. I didn't want to be that far from her so we left EVERYTHING and moved. Being we have chickens living in the house and our credit is not good enough to buy a home we had to find a rent to own or owner financing home to live in and that would be ready for us to move right into when we got here in Georgia.I found a company that did owner financing and saw pictures through craigslist and their website and it looked fine. When we got here...MOLD all over! We are financially tight all the time and did what we could about the mold but I guess it just wasn't good enough. I basically gave my babies the death sentence. Plus, I am stuck in this house because we can't afford to move.We can't put them outside because they would never survive and it doesn't help we live in the woods where there is lots of critters that could hurt or even kill them. DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO BUT WATCH HER AND MY OTHERS DIE.So upset and sad.
hit.gif

Oh no I'm so sorry :( positive thoughts that she'll recover with the medication :( I think the best thing to do is to have your others checked if you can, and to just be very careful with them- checking carefully for any signs of illness, etc. Is is possible to have the place checked for more mold and cleaned up again if there is any?

I am not sure if I'm going to lose her or not. The vet didn't seem to want to tell me one way or the other.To me an enlarged liver does not sound to promising and unless we can get all the mold out of our home she won't ever get better even if meds would help because she is constantly breathing it in and so are our other babies. The mold people told us that the mold was not harmful but the vet said that it is to our babies.All we could possibly due is rip out our walls to the beams, but who knows what we'll find there.We aren't financially able to do repairs and I think scrubbing is simply not enough. Honestly, all of our income tax return and then some has gone to Lilybug's vet visits and what we really need to do is move which is complicated because of having the babies and keeping distance in mind when it comes to my husbands work and of course money.I really need a MIRACLE!! I live and breathe for these babies and can't imagine my life without my Lilybug and the others.I couldn't live with myself if their death is my fault.Pray I find an answer to this!!!!!

I am not sure if I'm going to lose her or not. The vet didn't seem to want to tell me one way or the other.To me an enlarged liver does not sound to promising and unless we can get all the mold out of our home she won't ever get better even if meds would help because she is constantly breathing it in and so are our other babies. The mold people told us that the mold was not harmful but the vet said that it is to our babies.All we could possibly due is rip out our walls to the beams, but who knows what we'll find there.We aren't financially able to do repairs and I think scrubbing is simply not enough. Honestly, all of our income tax return and then some has gone to Lilybug's vet visits and what we really need to do is move which is complicated because of having the babies and keeping distance in mind when it comes to my husbands work and of course money.I really need a MIRACLE!! I live and breathe for these babies and can't imagine my life without my Lilybug and the others.I couldn't live with myself if their death is my fault.Pray I find an answer to this!!!!!

I'm so sorry, and I hope that she'll get thorough this.
1f627.png
She is a very strong girl and I hope that she'll get better!!!
1f64c.png
1f414.png
1f44d.png

Don't think that any of this is your fault :( You had no clue there was that amount of mold and that it would be harmful! Would it be possible to maybe get an enclosed coop to keep them in? I've seen some that look very safe! I know keeping them outside isn't something you're completely comfortable with, but it may be the healthiest option. You can always make a post and see what people recommend for coops! Just stay positive and do everything you can! At the very least, make them as happy and as comfortable as possible!

Back
Top Bottom