Unbalanced and Lethargic Hen

Don't think that any of this is your fault :( You had no clue there was that amount of mold and that it would be harmful! Would it be possible to maybe get an enclosed coop to keep them in? I've seen some that look very safe! I know keeping them outside isn't something you're completely comfortable with, but it may be the healthiest option. You can always make a post and see what people recommend for coops! Just stay positive and do everything you can! At the very least, make them as happy and as comfortable as possible!

I agree. Fresh air could do alot of good for them. If you don't have the time or money to make them an actual coop, you could always just hammer some poles or dowels into the ground and then staple or nail some chicken wire all around it. Then you could tie strings or some visiting e all across the top, intertwining it and then putting some shiny things in the strings to discourage hawks from visiting. Good luck! I hope that Lilybug gets better.

Putting them outside would be a good idea but we have poisonous snakes, bob cats and all kinds of critters that could hurt them.Plus they have never been outside for very long periods of time... they would be terrified and probably think we abandoned them. Also, being Lilybug is ill...she could never make it outdoors.Our chickens are more for being show birds and are not meant to be in extreme heat or cold and it is HOT here. I did find a owner financing home but they want $10,000 down. It needs work but there is no mold.Plus it is not in the woods so we could let them roam around outside and not be afraid something will get them(as much) and there is a sunroom.We just don't have $10,000 right now and I don't think the owner is willing to work with the numbers...especially the dollar amount we have to put down.I'm trying to figure something out.
he.gif
fl.gif

Putting them outside would be a good idea but we have poisonous snakes, bob cats and all kinds of critters that could hurt them.Plus they have never been outside for very long periods of time... they would be terrified and probably think we abandoned them. Also, being Lilybug is ill...she could never make it outdoors.Our chickens are more for being show birds and are not meant to be in extreme heat or cold and it is HOT here. I did find a owner financing home but they want $10,000 down. It needs work but there is no mold.Plus it is not in the woods so we could let them roam around outside and not be afraid something will get them(as much) and there is a sunroom.We just don't have $10,000 right now and I don't think the owner is willing to work with the numbers...especially the dollar amount we have to put down.I'm trying to figure something out. :he  :fl

That would be good. Could you possibly do a bit of negotiating?
1f44d.png
1f414.png

That would be good. Could you possibly do a bit of negotiating?
1f44d.png
1f414.png
He originally wanted $15,000 but went down to $10,000 so I doubt it. I'm waiting to hear from him still so I can just simply tell him the truth. All we have is $1500 to put down so I get the feeling he is just gonna laugh at me and say no because that is A LOT less then what he is asking for.

He originally wanted $15,000 but went down to $10,000 so I doubt it. I'm waiting to hear from him still so I can just simply tell him the truth. All we have is $1500 to put down so I get the feeling he is just gonna laugh at me and say no because that is A LOT less then what he is asking for.

I see. Is there anywhere else? Could they stay at a chicken friendly house with a friend for a small fee if your family could stay for a while?

I see. Is there anywhere else? Could they stay at a chicken friendly house with a friend for a small fee if your family could stay for a while?
All my family live in Pennsylvania. I know only a few people and I know they won't go for having chickens in their home because they tell me that I am crazy for doing it.I'm gonna still look for places but finding an owner financing with our financial situation and being limited to locations due to employment is going to be extremely difficult. I've been looking since I found out the bad news and this is the only one that we could even afford the monthly payments for.

All my family live in Pennsylvania. I know only a few people and I know they won't go for having chickens in their home because they tell me that I am crazy for doing it.I'm gonna still look for places but finding an owner financing with our financial situation and being limited to locations due to employment is going to be extremely difficult. I've been looking since I found out the bad news and this is the only one that we could even afford the monthly payments for.

Do you HAVE to give him the 10,000 down? That's just not fair!!
1f625.png
1f625.png
1f414.png
I'm out of ideas for now. I'll keep my hopes up for you! And Lilybug!
1f64c.png
1f44d.png
1f414.png
1f609.png

Thank you for all your support! It is nice to have people i and can talk too about this and also understand how I feel! :D

No problem! I know how it feels to see a beloved family member (pet
1f609.png
) suffering or even to lose one.
1f625.png
1f627.png
I really hope that Lilybug is going to be OK.
1f64c.png
1f414.png
1f44d.png

I think if you explain the situation he might be willing to work something out. Your current living situation is dangerous for your chickens and he should hopefully be able to understand that.

Back
Top Bottom