Understanding Chicken Math

Pics
Exactly lol
woot.gif
alright!!! I think I've got it!!!....

As I'm making arrangements to go pick up 2 silkie chicks tonight, when I told myself I was only going to get 1 silkie, later on this summer with the rest of my flock's arrival....oh well!

So the logorithm is: Free chicks don't count; non-laying hens don't count; roos count as half; bantams (no matter laying status) don't count.

Can we agree that ornamental breeds don't count too? That would free up a lot more inventory for some. And, while we are at it, game birds count only as 1/2 as well. And meat birds count as negatives on processing months, so you can get twice as many to replenish.

big_smile.png
I'm relieved....I have no chickens which means I can buy 38 chickens and start my flock
lau.gif

:woot alright!!! I think I've got it!!!....

As I'm making arrangements to go pick up 2 silkie chicks tonight, when I told myself I was only going to get 1 silkie, later on this summer with the rest of my flock's arrival....oh well!

Oh I never get a single chick. Remember chicks don't count and silkie are bantam so they will never count

So the logorithm is: Free chicks don't count; non-laying hens don't count; roos count as half; bantams (no matter laying status) don't count.

Can we agree that ornamental breeds don't count too? That would free up a lot more inventory for some. And, while we are at it, game birds count only as 1/2 as well. And meat birds count as negatives on processing months, so you can get twice as many to replenish.

big_smile.png

My chicken math total just completely changed!!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom