Undigested food in poop?

What was the outcome from this?
She ended up passing away, but others had the exact same thing and died too, so i decided to do a necropsy on her sibling to figure out the cause of death. She had a enlarged heart, spotted liver, lots of fluid in her cavities, and ascites. And there appeared to be some other problems. I do have photos if that would be educational to post?

She ended up passing away, but others had the exact same thing and died too, so i decided to do a necropsy on her sibling to figure out the cause of death. She had a enlarged heart, spotted liver, lots of fluid in her cavities, and ascites. And there appeared to be some other problems. I do have photos if that would be educational to post?
Thank you for answering. I did some testing and found out that mine have infectious coryza and am treating with Tribrissen.

She ended up passing away, but others had the exact same thing and died too, so i decided to do a necropsy on her sibling to figure out the cause of death. She had an enlarged heart, spotted liver, lots of fluid in her cavities, and ascites. And there appeared to be some other problems. I do have photos if that would be educational to post?
We always appreciate people posting necropsy photos as a way of learning. Sorry for your loss. How old was she? Did you do the necropsy yourself? Have you had any others since get sick or show similar symptoms? Did the liver look larger than normal?

We always appreciate people posting necropsy photos as a way of learning. Sorry for your loss. How old was she? Did you do the necropsy yourself? Have you had any others since get sick or show similar symptoms? Did the liver look larger than normal?
I’ll try remembering to make a thread for it later then, she was about a year old. I had an avian vet do it with me. No other sick birds sense that happened. I think the liver looked larger, it did have a lot of spots though.

I’ll try remembering to make a thread for it later then, she was about a year old. I had an avian vet do it with me. No other sick birds sense that happened. I think the liver looked larger, it did have a lot of spots though.
It could have been avian lymphoid leukosis virus. That can cause an enlarged liver that is covered in spots after the age of 4 months old. If you could post the pictures her as well, it could be helpful. You could also start a new thread as well.

Wow, that's cool!
How did you manage that?
Were any tissues/fluids sent to a lab for analysis?
I have some connections with her so she’s been mentoring me for when i do my avian vet training.

Not for her, but for another one related to her with similar symptoms. She had ovarian cancer and the necropsy results ended up being similar to what i saw in the necropsy i did

I have some connections with her so she’s been mentoring me for when i do my avian vet training.

Not for her, but for another one related to her with similar symptoms. She had ovarian cancer and the necropsy results ended up being similar to what i saw in the necropsy i did
Now that i think about it I probably still have the lab results i could pull up and post

Back
Top Bottom