Unexplained leg skin injury.... Vet can't diagnose!

Mrshollywood

Songster
9 Years
Aug 10, 2010
Gig Harbor, WA
My pullets one leg has been the same for 3 months now. I work for a small animal vet and have had her on Baytril, water therapy, Meloxicam for pain. She has been living in the house the whole time to keep warm and clean.

The skin/scales will not grow on the leg and if they start to come in, they will completely slough off if soaked for any amount of time in warm water.

The leg doesn't have any smell or noticeable infection. There is blood supply and feeling to it. She can't/wont use her foot or bend her toes. She does have full use of the leg tho. She hops around on one leg happy as can be talking to anyone who is in the room.

The nails have been coming off one by one as well. She is growing, eating, drinking and defacating normal.

Please let me know if you have seen anything like this, I would rather not euthanize her unless there is no hope of her healing.

The bottom pic is of the leg from this morning. It looks like this and then when soaked/washed, it will completely deglove and look like the upper pictures.

That is really interesting!
The leg has been the same, so not spreding.
The upper leg seems to be getting better but the foot is not usable and not getting better,

Back
Top Bottom