UPCOMING FLORIDA Swaps/Sales/Shows/Events/Fairs - GEORGIA too

Pics
I have never been to the swap in Micanopy but have been to the swap in Barberville a few time. Most of the vendors are regulars and several times I have sold my birds before I unloaded them. All of my birds are large fowl dual purpose breeds.

I have never been to the swap in Micanopy but have been to the swap in Barberville a few time. Most of the vendors are regulars and several times I have sold my birds before I unloaded them. All of my birds are large fowl dual purpose breeds.
Thanks, sounds encouraging. We've got to place about 35 young Brahmas - they're eating us out of house and home!

Thanks, sounds encouraging. We've got to place about 35 young Brahmas - they're eating us out of house and home!

Janice if you are planning to be in Barberville maybe I could meet you there, I would be very interested in buying some of your birds. The eggs I have from you are in lockdown right now, 15 of them!

I also have a lot of birds to sell!

Last edited:
Can anybody tell me about the swap in Barberville this weekend, or the one in Micanopy?  They are both two hours from us, so I want to go to the bigger one.  I have LOTS of Brahma hens, pullets, and cockerels to sell.

Barberville you can sell real quick, but since you are going to drive 2 hrs might want to concider the auction in Bushnell, the poultry is selling really good in there.

I used to sell my hens for $12 in barberville and I went to the auction that same night in Bushnell and those same hens went for $22 each.

I'm taking some more to the auction tomorrow along with a big ole black turkey

B
Janice if you are planning to be in Barberville maybe I could meet you there, I would be very interested in buying some of your birds. The eggs I have from you are in lockdown right now, 15 of them!

I also have a lot of birds to sell!

But if you are going to barberville ill buy the rest.
After

Barberville you can sell real quick, but since you are going to drive 2 hrs might want to concider the auction in Bushnell, the poultry is selling really good in there.

I used to sell my hens for $12 in barberville and I went to the auction that same night in Bushnell and those same hens went for $22 each.

I'm taking some more to the auction tomorrow along with a big ole black turkey

Do you have the specifics on the Bushnell auction? Can anyone just show up and sell their birds, or do you have to list what you have ahead of time? Can it be chicks and younger birds also?

Yes, you can sell any kind of poultry any age even fertile eggs.
A couple of emu chicks won't for $70 each last Sat.

You can also sell pigs, cattle and goats horses I think you can bring just about anything that is farm related.

I bought me some 8' 4X4 for just $1 each

You do have to check in in the morning then the auction starts at 7 pm

You don't have to bring the animals in the morning just have to be there and check in save a spot in the barn big enough for your cages (I usually just bring a 2X4 long enough )
Lay it on the ground then I come with my birds around 5:30 or 6 and just wait.

Okay, I talked to hubby. We're going to Barberville with a truck full of Brahmas! If we don't do well there, then maybe we'll go to the auction, but I love swaps! We're going to have mostly black and blue Brahmas (colors I have been working on). Some point of lay but most about 2 to 3 months old.

Back
Top Bottom