UPCOMING FLORIDA Swaps/Sales/Shows/Events/Fairs - GEORGIA too

Pics
Any idea what breeds of chicks might be available at these two swaps/meets? DH finished the coop and I'd like to purchase chicks locally if possible. :)

I seem to have preferences for speckled sussex, (golden laced) wyandottes, australorps, easter eggers, barred rocks and/or buckeyes- but for our first flock it will likely be a weird mix til be both decide what we like. I don't even need breeds- I just want pretty egg-layers, and a few roos to keep them company. Looking for about fifteen-twenty chicks in total.

I'm also looking for ~6-8 guinea chicks if anyone has them.

Last edited:
Any idea what breeds of chicks might be available at these two swaps/meets? DH finished the coop and I'd like to purchase chicks locally if possible. :)

I seem to have preferences for speckled sussex, (golden laced) wyandottes, australorps, easter eggers, barred rocks and/or buckeyes- but for our first flock it will likely be a weird mix til be both decide what we like. I don't even need breeds- I just want pretty egg-layers, and a few roos to keep them company. Looking for about fifteen-twenty chicks in total.

I'm also looking for ~6-8 guinea chicks if anyone has them.

You never know what people will bring.

Lonesome Dove moved, but I'm not sure of the new address. I called a few weeks ago and talked to someone there about the swaps, but she said that they might start something up again after January. They were still arranging things at the new store.
There is a 2nd Saturday swap near Plant City, but I'm not sure how far that is for you.

The Central Florida Fair is coming up in February, and I know for a fact that there will be Black Sex Link hens for auction there! I can find out the official date by tomorrow, but the hens will be around 24 weeks by then I believe? The Sex Links will be sold, to my knowledge, by mainly Highschoolers in FFA and 4H programs.

I'll get the exact dates tomorrow!
smile.png

(Er...today technically? Didn't realize it was almost 1...oops! )

Thank you so much for sharing this information --

Unfortunately when I made plans to go to Lonesome Dove I also made plans for Dec 21st and the weekend of the 14th I can't get out of! Imagine that! Isn't that the way it goes!

Ah well.

(I noticed that Hollywood must have been one of those "special personality chickens by his photo!)

Thank you so much for sharing this information --

Unfortunately when I made plans to go to Lonesome Dove I also made plans for Dec 21st and the weekend of the 14th I can't get out of! Imagine that! Isn't that the way it goes!

Ah well.

(I noticed that Hollywood must have been one of those "special personality chickens by his photo!)

Hollywood was a Heritage Rhode Island Red cockerel and a potential show bird. The BYC member who started the Heritage Rhode Island Red thread (who recently passed away) named him. I am pretty sure Hollywood was a male. A predator killed him and several other hatch mates in his pen. I still don't know what killed them. My electric fence malfunctioned but there were no dig marks under the fence anywhere. I forgot to shut the pop doors that night. I suspect it may have been a cat because I had seen one lurking around a few nights before the kill.

Back
Top Bottom