Update and new issue Ranger and wry neck

And, she is not wanting to eat this morning. I have her outside and all she wants is grass. Is that okay?

Ranger last Fall
IMG_20190417_085158623.jpg

It is a powder you mix with water. It says it has riboflavin, thiamin, niacin and B12 for the B Vitamins

What I don't think it has is amino acids. And since it is mixed with salt, potassium and such I probably wouldn't "extra" dose a bird with it... where as the other supplements suggest I can give an extra drop directly to the beak. But with every thread, I continue to learn more things. Thank you for sharing.

My son and I trimmed her beak and tried to feed her. She ate without missing and continued to do so
That is not what is causing this issue... and as far as I can tell you are not to blame. :hugs

Love the pic of her when she was feeling better! :love

Come on Ranger! :fl:fl

I am not having any luck finding the NutriDrench. Is the rooster booster stuff any better than my Vi-Tal?

The one you have is good to use, just get her to drink the water. Both have vitamins and electrolytes. The NutriDrench is just a quick fix, but she needs to drink water as well. Try to find the crop on your other chickens. It is in their upper right chest. Here is the NutriDrench ingredients:
https://jeffers.cvpservice.com/product/basic/view/1581002

upload_2019-4-17_16-0-29.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-17_15-59-49.jpeg
    upload_2019-4-17_15-59-49.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 2
Found PC. If it isn't any better I won't get it. They do have liquid amino acids. It says cattle and horses though

Attachments

• IMG_20190417_151338868.jpg
    IMG_20190417_151338868.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 1
Poultry Cell is good for all animals and poultry. Dosage is 1 ml for every 3 pounds up to 3 ml maximum. I think both PC and PND are very good to have around. The only difference is that PC has riboflavin or B2 which for some treating baby chicks with leg problems is better to use. For some reason PND has no riboflavin.

Okay. What I have on hand at this point is:

Vi-Tal currently in her water
Vitamin E gel caps if 400ui
Vitamin B1 tablets
Feather Fixer pellets
Layer pellets
Plain sunflower kernels
Poly-vi-sol without iron
Rooster Booster Poultry Cell(will have this afternoon).

What would you give her, when, how often and how much?

This morning all she would eat was cracked corn and grass when she is outside surrounded by her flock mates. I gave her enough cracked corn to put the vitamin E gel contents on. I have not been giving her those lately because of the vi-Vi-, but should I be continuing with both?

She is having issues this morning and keeps trying to back up till she flips over. I saw a little blood so I picked her up and held her on her back(she injured her toe nail). She was so relaxed and just stretched out...but then she was looking all over. Her neck looks right side up when she is upside down.

If this is Mareks, is there a point where she won't be able to recover from.

Back
Top Bottom