UPDATE!!!!!! Help 6 month old chickens and still no eggs!

I think before our turkey dinner I may have to go on an early easter egg hunt haha
smile.png
I am so excited I found BYC!!!

Last year when we bought our house I think my hubby realized his worst dreams were coming true.....He knew I loved my horses, but he had no idea that I loved chickens and ducks too
wink.png

I have an April Fool's pullet who isn't laying yet. The days are too short here. It also depends on breed. My two red sex-link pullets are from end of April hatch and they lay EVERY day and have so for at least 5/6 weeks. Most of my hens have been affected by the shortened days here though. I put their coop light back up about 2 weeks ago and have gone from the two eggs to 6 now. Some of them are still being hold outs.

It will happen - just give it time.

I have spring babies too and the only one that is laying is the banty and she is almost everyday. So I am playing the waiting game too. I have 8 ameracuanas, 2 black australorpes, 1 buff, 2 barred rocks, and 1 red hen that I am not sure what she is and a banty hen. Then I have 4 guineas that are going to see the chopping block soon if they don't quit biting and pulling feathers from my ameruacanas!
smack.gif
:oops: oh none of them have laid either and they were in the first bunch.

yeah, I had already thought of that, however, only one of them has a mature comb and wattles(size and color wise) So I doubt that they are laying yet. As for the Guins They are too busy chasing windmills at this point. LOL:lol:

I feel for you. My 6 hens were born the second week of June and haven't started laying yet. We have had very mild (considering) weather for the northeast, but I was thinking that that lack of day light was affecting them. I don't have the means or the desire to add artificial light to their house, so if they lay this winter- they do- if not, we'll wait till spring.

What I do worry about- is: will not laying all winter harm them?

Back
Top Bottom