Update : my Chubby checker lay her 1st egg?

My judgement of measurement/distance not that great, especially if inhave to use my child sized hands to make the determination. But ill try now that i know checker is laying, hers can be my reference point for the other 2 butts
Exactly! The more you look at them all, the lights will come on and you'll recognize the status of each bird.

This might very well have scared her off, leading her to not think the nest not safe enough.

No need for this, just enjoy it!
Should i expect her to lay eggs regularly now, or are they sporadic when they 1st start? The egg was small. Im wondering if that was a one off as I feel like a kid on Easter Sunday searching the yard for another egg or 2. But that was the only one so far, it came late afternoon yesterday

Should i expect her to lay eggs regularly now, or are they sporadic when they 1st start? The egg was small. Im wondering if that was a one off as I feel like a kid on Easter Sunday searching the yard for another egg or 2. But that was the only one so far, it came late afternoon yesterday
Usually they will need some time to get into the routine of laying daily. Depending on the respective breed and their age they might even stop again for some weeks to complete their last juvenile molt and their growth.

I prefer my pullets not to lay before the age of at least 22 weeks, as this will give their reproductive sytem the much needed time to mature and can prevent later issues.

Thank you, I've been lingering and reading posts since before the girls hatched, so I tried to include info I see asked. Is there any more I should add? She does squat when pet but keeps moving along, so i dont know if that's more of "im shimmying away nicely so i don't hurt your feelings by just running away" lol. I did read that article before and am not confident im my ability to check her butt/vent
I did read that
Haha mine do the shimmy too🤣. While making little sweet noises. I think they don’t want to offend me but they’re like “no thanks lady, too close” haha

Back
Top Bottom