Update on chicken w/ swollen abdomen + bumblefoot

guest226

Chirping
Nov 18, 2023
Her 14-day round of antibiotics is over!

Her belly has not gone down noticeably, and still is kind of hot to the touch. However it is not red and the vet found no fluid. She might have a laying disorder? Either that or she just has a normal big hen belly.
She is active and eats/drinks normally but still sits around a lot like she did before the treatment

Her poops are pretty tiny? Like, around the size of my fingernail. I don't know why this is happening. Her crop is emptying over night though.

Her bumblefoot is getting better I believe.

Glad she's getting better. ❤️

I would start giving her probiotics now that the antibiotic is done. She'll need something daily for a couple of weeks, even longer would be helpful. Sugar free yogurt, especially Greek is very good and she should like it. We also use powders and have both Hydro-Hen and Save A Chick you mix in their water.

Glad she's getting better. ❤️

I would start giving her probiotics now that the antibiotic is done. She'll need something daily for a couple of weeks, even longer would be helpful. Sugar free yogurt, especially Greek is very good and she should like it. We also use powders and have both Hydro-Hen and Save A Chick you mix in their water.
I put a chicken probiotic/vitamin powder in their water! Hopefully she has more recovery soon

Back
Top Bottom