Update on Floyd

chloemama66

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2017
Well, he moves those feet but refuses to put them under himself.

On a daily I adjust his sling so his feet are barely touching the ground, to his feet are at the right height if he would just put them under his body
Yesterday I put his sling in a dog crate outside / he liked it. The girls came back and forth to be with him. Jr roo was not happy and spent some time trying to get to him ( we will regime him if Floyd is able to rejoin the flock). Towards the end of his time out, I put him on the ground. He used his wings to flap himself around leaving his feet on what ground
1f610.png
I was happy he was motivated enough to move and sad he didn't try to stand

I have to admit I am getting frustrated- I am the only one taking care of him too. Shower ever morning to clean the poop, picking him up a zillion times a day because he manages to turn around and fall out of his sling....yup into his poop
2639.png

How would I know if it's his hip? He pushes back when I push his feet. He shows no flinching or anything when I rotate his feet. When not touching he ground he looks like he's paddling So they are functional.

Thank you again for being my lifeline

Last edited:
I feel your pain. I have had several instances where a sick or injured bird has needed days of constant TLC and it is draining emotionally and physically. I currently have a sick hen I am spoon feeding, but I digress. You have done so much for Floyd you deserve a medal, honestly. I am not sure just how you could assess what is lingering injuries that have yet to heal and what might be permeant damage. Of course you could bring him to a vet for a check up but if that is out of the question then I am at a loss as far as advice goes it seems to me like you are already doing everything right and the rest is on Floyd to eat well and heal. Best wishes to you and Floyd!

Last edited:
Floyd is fantastic!! He is out with his girls. we rehomed Jr to a flock of 16 hens so he will be very happy!!

Floyd does walk a little stiff - but he is so happy Funny enough last night was his first night back in his coop - when it got dark he walked up to the house lol Thank you for all the help and for asking about him

Back
Top Bottom