Update on hen attacked, surrounding tissue turning yellow? Warning semi-graphic photos

eac1988

Hatching
Aug 29, 2015
Hello, I posted about a week ago regarding my hen that had been attacked by a fox, thank you to all those who responded. For those who didn't see the original post, the side of her face was taken off and she has deep lacerations and puncture wounds to her back. She has been seen by the vet. She is still not eating or drinking on her own, but with force feeding her weight is slowing going up. She seems like a relatively normal injured bird. I had to give her a bath today, so I took some updated photos tonight.

Everything looks ok to me, except the yellow blotches on her skin. It's not covering her just in certain places as seen in the photos.
Can anyone tell me if these wounds appear to be healing healthily? And what if anything the yellow is due to? I don't know if I should be concerned about infection or jaundice or something. Thank you!

Poor thing! Luckily she was saved in time! As for the wounds, I don't think yellow is a good color for a healthy, healing wound- but I am no expert. Maybe clean the wounds with an ointment the vet gave you... did they? If not, I would use tea tree oil or something that isnt too harsh to help. Sorry I cant be of much help... Hope she heals soon!!

Back
Top Bottom