Update on the "adopted" chicks

IndigoAngel

Songster
Apr 18, 2021
Extreme NE Indiana
I posted a comment here about sneaking some chicks (in the dark of night) under a broody who already had two chicks. I thought that I would share a video from this morning so you all could share in the abundance of cuteness happening in my broody coop right now.
Edited to add that I don't know why it crops the video so that you cannot see all the fun happening with mom and the babies. If anyone know how to fix this please fill me in!

I posted a comment here about sneaking some chicks (in the dark of night) under a broody who already had two chicks. I thought that I would share a video from this morning so you all could share in the abundance of cuteness happening in my broody coop right now.
Edited to add that I don't know why it crops the video so that you cannot see all the fun happening with mom and the babies. If anyone know how to fix this please fill me in!
Adorable!
When are you going to open the door to her enclosure and let her bring the chicks out to meet the flock? They look big enough.

Adorable!
When are you going to open the door to her enclosure and let her bring the chicks out to meet the flock? They look big enough.
Yeah, about that... a couple of days ago we had a close call with one of the babies being chased all over by a hen. I have since left the door open only when I am there and a couple of the older girls have gone in and said hello, but Mama has made no attempt yet to lead them out when the door is open; I'm letting her make the call. I figure she knows more about it than I do. LOL

Back
Top Bottom