UPDATE:PRAYERS still needed...

Thanks everyone and gritsar I understand. I will just keep praying and with all yalls prayers as well I will get through this.

I got a letter yesterday and it said I was denied
hit.gif
I was so upset I couldn't get on here to let yall know. I appreciate all the prayers and if yall don't mind could you please keep me in them. I am just at a lost for words because I don't know what we are going to do and if we are going to lose anything.
hit.gif
My hubby works his tail off and even worked his days off so he just worked 13 days straight. My health is not worth a hoot but I know I am better off than some people and I have to keep telling myself this over and over or I get extremly depressed. The past two weeks my bloodpressure decided to go out of wack again 186/120 and new meds just got it down to 154/99. I have so many health issues and it is embarrasing. I have a call into the SS office here to find out why they want me to come in on the 22nd. I am sorry to ramble and guess I found some words. Yall all take care and thanks so much for the prayers and care yall have shown.

Last edited:
I thought I should mention a couple things here, but I am not sure if they will help. I know your situation well as we went thru this with my dh. They almost always deny on first application...you have to appeal if you really want it. That doesn't necessarily mean you will get it, but the only ones that do are on appeal. You may want to find a lawyer that offers free services until you win. Most will take the case contingent on winning your benefit and will take payment from the money SSD gives when you start getting it.

Another thing that comes to mind is the length of insurability. This is a clause in the benefit that many do not know about. My husband almost missed it by days. He was out of work for quite a few years as well and when we decided to ask for help, it was almost too late. It is always best to apply as soon as you are disabled or at least within the first few years because this cutoff can ruin your chances. A good lawyer will be able to advise on this piece and its impact on you specifically.

Good luck to you and I hope things look up soon.

Jody

DON"T GIVE UP!! It's common practice for them to deny you hoping you will give up. Keep at it! Appeal the decision. This happened to my mom and she finally won, and they paid her all the back money they should have been paying all along. Matter of fact, it's happened to everybody I know where it wasn't such an obvious diability that they couldn't deny it. KEEP AT IT!!

I won't give up even though I am so down about it right now. I need to look into getting a lawyer that will help with no money up front. Thanks for the continued support cause I sure need it.

keep in mind cockadoodlemom, there is a 6 month waiting period even when approved.
If you're approved within the first 6 months after your first application, there will be no backpay.........backpay comes from the time period (however long) after the first 6 months.
If you haven't done so, talk to your Dr. and get him/her to write up a referral. Approval depends on how the form is written up.
My mom was approved the very first time she applied (after having a heart attack), but that's because her Dr. strongly recommended disability and knew how to write it up.

On the other hand, it took my father over 2 years to get approved, and this was after having a kidney transplant, heart problems, and poor eyesight.

It took my SIL about 2 years to get approved too.
She was in a wreck on the interstate, had back/neck/shoulder injuries, even had surgery, too.
The problem with hers was the drs. kept her on temporary medical leave until her next appointment, which was usually 2 to 3 months apart.
The drs. kept saying she was out of work until her next visit when they could do another evalutation.......this wording left it open to assume that she would possibly return to work after her next visit.
Hopefully my info will help you and I wish you the best of luck with this.

You are still in my thoughts and prayers.

I haven't read through all of this (so sorry if I'm repeating things), but just wanted you to know. Someone said they usually deny you the first time around. Very true. My mom had to go through this, and it took her 3 tries + lawyers to finally get disability. She's had her entire neck fused together as well as nerve damage and other disabling ailments. Anyone who knows her knows she'd never be able to work again. Unfortunately, this is the way SS works. I'd get an attorney to fight for you.

Back
Top Bottom