Update to "WE GOT IT!!!* 4/25

baltimoreharps

Songster
10 Years
Mar 27, 2009
Cabarrus Co.
Hi all!!
Wow, moving is hard work, especially when you have to take it over one truckload at at time!
th.gif
I'm very tired and hurty, but only one fibro flare out of it all, thank You Lord, and now just about everything is over there. We may be sleeping at the farm tomorrow night if the stove gets delievered and installed which is a huge blessing since out central air is out here at the house. It's hot and uncomfortable and it is so cool on the 1st floor of the house. I don't even need to turn the a/c on.
ya.gif

The gardens (15,000 and 1500 ft each) have been plowed and tilled. All that's left is the bedding and planting.
celebrate.gif

The yard got mowed today and it looks SO good! My dd has several beds around the yard to plant all the flowers she wants to and the beds out front are going to be deep enough that when we plant there, she can have her flowers and we can plant several different types of deep veggies like carrots, beets, etc and when it get cooler, plant lettuces in between the flowers and spinach so that instead of going all the way out to the big gardens, just walk out the front door, pick, pull, wash and use.
thumbsup.gif
There's an awseome article about curbside gardens in BHG this month and I got a ton of ideas for our beds out front. They are going to be gorgeous when finished.
love.gif

Just wanted to get you all an update and I promise I'll get pics soon to post! It's going to be after the rest of the move because I'm barely online with everything, but better late than never!
Have a wonderful night all! I'm getting a shower and going to bed!

Quote:
It has been extremely busy but such a good time.
th.gif
I am SO ready to be out of the suburbs it's not even funny and everytime I get to the farm, I just do not want to leave.
So much to do, so many potentials.....
wee.gif

(Now if I could only do that IRL, I'm hobbling right now!
lau.gif
)

Glad to hear you are getting moved.

I'm not looking forward to moving from this house to our new one when it is completed.
It is only 200 feet away, but it will be interesting.

Quote:
It has been extremely busy but such a good time.
th.gif
I am SO ready to be out of the suburbs it's not even funny and everytime I get to the farm, I just do not want to leave.
So much to do, so many potentials.....
wee.gif

(Now if I could only do that IRL, I'm hobbling right now!
lau.gif
)

X2 We fled the suburb coop about 2 years ago....just got layed off of my job of 8 years in Dallas and I must say even tho I miss my dear coworker friends I will not miss the 70 mile commute (round trip)

Thanks ya'll!
big_smile.png

We're all moved in a full 4 days early!!
woot.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
big_smile.png
I'm tireder than I've been in a long time, but it was definately worth it! Now the real work starts with getting Nellie Belle's Farm working and growing!
thumbsup.gif

Can't wait for the photos! I've been offline for awhile and might have missed it, but I still haven't seen photos of the inside! (hint, hint!)

Back
Top Bottom