Update: Venus passed today from EYP. I tried.

seven possums

Chirping
Mar 4, 2023
From this thread. Details are there, best to reply there I suppose.

For those in similar situations, I used the (starter fluid) ether on a scrap of cloth method; it was quite fast and seemed very gentle and peaceful for her, to just fall asleep in my lap. She didn't struggle or even move, really. I hope this can help someone in need in the future who does not want to use more physical methods and does not plan to use the carcass for food.

Now I need to figure out how to comfort the remaining three who keep calling and calling for her even though I showed her swaddled in a towel to them, and backed out of the run so that they saw me leave with her; they saw her down in the nesting box so they must've known something was very wrong.

sorry if this violates a forum rule, I'm a bit broken at the moment.

From this thread. Details are there, best to reply there I suppose.

For those in similar situations, I used the (starter fluid) ether on a scrap of cloth method; it was quite fast and seemed very gentle and peaceful for her, to just fall asleep in my lap. She didn't struggle or even move, really. I hope this can help someone in need in the future who does not want to use more physical methods and does not plan to use the carcass for food.

Now I need to figure out how to comfort the remaining three who keep calling and calling for her even though I showed her swaddled in a towel to them, and backed out of the run so that they saw me leave with her; they saw her down in the nesting box so they must've known something was very wrong.

sorry if this violates a forum rule, I'm a bit broken at the moment.
Sorry for your loss. I shed a tear reading about it. God Bless

I am also sorry for your loss. Death is a fact of life in this world, unfortunately. There is nothing you can do to comfort your remaining hens, but time is a healer and they will get over it. Hugs to you. :hugs I am glad you found a gentle way of helping her to a peaceful end.

Back
Top Bottom