• Room

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kearstin17

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 28, 2012
Grand junction
This little one is 5 weeks old and I have no clue what breed it is and if it is a pullet or roo. We bought it at a local store when it was just a few days old. I thought that they said it lays white eggs but my son swears she said blue eggs. I need some help on what breed you think it could be and if you think it's a pullet or a Roo. (I know kind of early to tell but guesses are good
smile.png
)

There is a bald spot on it's back from the others picking on her/him.

Here he / she is at 7 weeks. still have no clue what breed or what sex. I am hoping for a pullet but the tail feathers have me a little worried but then again I am new at this chicken thing so who knows. Please tell me what you all think.

Last edited:
I have never heard of a chicks laying white or blue eyes....LOL
gig.gif

Not sure on breed...she looks little so she might be some kind of bantam...as for gender...I say pullet

Looks like a Austra White, they are a sex-linked cross between a Australorp and White Leghorn. If it is, it should lay large white eggs. Do you have a picture of it as a younger chick?

Looks like a Austra White, they are a sex-linked cross between a Australorp and White Leghorn. If it is, it should lay large white eggs. Do you have a picture of it as a younger chick?

it's the yellow one. The lady at the store also said that she would be a great chicken and that she was like a mother hen in the story books and that we would have to push her off her eggs. Not sure if that info would help at all. i am new at all of this. I wish I would wrote down what she was when we got her. I know she was in a pullet bin but can't for the life of me remember what she was.

Back
Top Bottom