UPDATED - Two month old chicken not walking? Help!

Today I checked her and she was a good 2ft from the food/water, but still not standing. BUT, she moved of her own volition. I went to get some food to fill her bowl and she had moved another 2-3ft! I moved her back to the food/water and she began eating! Still not standing, but much better than the past few days where all she did was sit in between the food/water. I had to clean her butt every day because she wouldn't/couldn't even move to poo. Today, clean butt!

Maybe she's getting better???

(Oh, and still no new symptoms. Just "weak")

Quote:
Oh that sounds great GeneGoddess. It sounds like how my Jack was. He started to scoot himself around and I took him out of his pen so he could have the range of the open garage. I kept giving him the diet that contained the egg yoke and the honey and the oatmeal and of course kept the chicken food out for him and water with vitamins and electrolytes in there.

I am so excited that you girl is moving. she may not be walking byt at least she is starting to move. I bet she is on the road to recovery. Keep up the good hard work and she should recover. Are you still feeding her the special diet with the honey, egg yoke, oatmeal, calcium powder, etc....?

YAY!! this is great news!!!- Keep giving her extra protein, and Poly Vi Sol? My Lizzie is starting to stand now, still can't walk, but she is moving, and can put weight on both legs for a few seconds now. I have been giving her a scrambled egg with 4 drops of Poly Vi Sol mashed in it every morning. Greens and oatmeal with maybe a little salmon during the day, and all the layer she want.
She is laying almost every day, and is cheerful about the whole process.

ya.gif
woot.gif

that is good news for you. I was happy that my Jack was healing. it took him aprox 3 months, but he is the king of the jungle at the moment.

Further update:

She is STANDING and occasionally takes a few normal steps! Though she prefers to "crouch walk". I've been giving her PolyViSol and a boiled egg and today she had some apple (the current fav chicken treat). Still acting normally and such. But she is slowly getting better. Her coordination is better and when I picked her up today, he wing flaps were much stronger. Still have no idea what happened, but she's getting better!

wee.gif
D.gif
I am so glad to hear your girl is getting better. It takes some time and dedication but in the end I am glad that I didn't give up and glad you didn't give up either.

Congrats to you!
bun.gif

GeneGoddess- WAHOOOO!!!!!! just keep doing it-my Lizzie can stand upright and take about 6 steps at a time,more frequently- it's gonna be slow, but I bet she'll be OK! Keep us updated, it seems we have the same problem and are at about the same place with it!

I had a BO pullet the same way. Just suddenly seemed paralyzed. All the other girls were fine. Couldn't walk or stand on day 1, Day 2 couldn't lift her beak off the floor.
I gave her the secret remedy chicken homeop
1 cooked egg yolk
1 T honey
2 T yogurt
1/4 c oats
1 apple grated
she was fine within a day.
Still no idea what caused it. Good luck!

Quote:
It's possible. I mean, ANYTHING is possible. But all ten other chickens were eating the same food and everyone else is healthy...

Back
Top Bottom