Urgent Help!!! How long do I wait for one of my turkey eggs to hatch from when it first pipped.

horselv2003

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 6, 2013
I have one turkey egg that has been pipped sometime between friday night and saturday morning and so far there is just a hole the size of maybe a dime. I can see the beak and hear peeping but it doesn't seem to be zipping yet and it is now sunday afternoon and still the same hole. How do I know if it needs help the rest of the way? How long can it take from pip to hatch?

You may need to help it because there egg shells are hard. we had to help our baby ducks out because they tried to get the shell broken but they couldn't. Also do you have any turkey eggs you would be willing to trade for bantam eggs we have turkeys but there both females so we cant hatch baby's. if so would you be willing to send them?

The thing is is that it has broken a big hole in the shell it's just not zipping around it yet. I don't even know how to help it out. I would be glad to trade you for some however I have to warn you that I am not having very good success in getting to the end of the hatch with a lot of them still being alive. about 75 % were fertilized and moving at the 14 day point but when it came to hatch time they were no longer moving. Not sure if it is my bator or my end doing something wrong or the eggs.

Just noticing you said bantam eggs, sorry sick and not thinking straight, and hubby does not like bantams so I wouldn't be able to use them. Sorry :(

Okay now to help just be gentle and peel off the shell a teeny bit but not much and they should be able to do the rest.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom