Urgent help needed with hatching duck ‼️

dailyduck

Chirping
Aug 14, 2015
I don't have any photos to attach as I don't want to disturb the duckling, but basically he hatched a little too early and was attached to the umbilical cord for quite some time and wasn't looking that good but I'm glad to say it has dried up and detached and he has perked up a lot from some sugar water but here's the issue... He still has a hole on his belly where the cord was it isn't bleeding but it doesn't look like it's just going to heal itself. Anyone hatched ducks or chicks where they were still attached? What happened after

As long as the duckling is perking up, no need to worry... you can dab a teeny bit of triple antibiotic(w/out painreliever) on the spot to ward off infection if you wish, but keeping it dry will help it heal up quicker... it happens when soke get in a hurry to hatch, as long as it doesn't bleed out or get infected they usually live long, happy lives... :)

No it doesn't look that bloody or like anything is protruding out its just kinda like a hole kinda hard to explain @Ren2014

I have it on a damp towel in the bator should I try to keep it dryer?

Yes... put it on a dry one... damp ones will chill it too...

X2

Turning in for the night. I will leave you in Ravyn's excellent care. Do exactly as she says
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom