Urgent I think... Infected skin all around neck of Coturnix

sounds like she'll be fine. I would give her a couple weeks and then put her back with her friends. You might consider putting another female in with her just to calm her down a bit. They don't like being alone. If you have a runty one in the flock that's the one I would add to her pen to make her more comfortable.
I had a bird with a broken leg that stumbled around like ottis on friday night and it ruled the pen. She laid eggs just fine and everything.
When and if you do put her back with the flock, put her within sight of the other birds for a few days to get them used to each other again. Sometimes birds who are not familiar will get hostile with newbies and that'll ease that tension a great deal.
Might also get her some mealworms. the protein will help in healing.

Thanks for the tip- I put in my most docile girl named "mama" with her and now she's not crying anymore. Although Mama keeps looking at me funny :)

Hello, could it be that her head got stuck into something and she bruised her neck while trying to pull it out?

I actually was wondering the same thing myself. Her neck seems healed but the wing still is drooping.

That is a good idea. Sometimes if Ihave an injured bird I will clip their wings and let them free in the yard to roam around. You need to have the right yard though and keep an eye on her.

Such an epic fail today on my end. I was trying to gently move her to clean her cage and she flew out of my hands all the way across the room. When I put her back in, her wing was drooping more than before and she was panting. I suck at keeping quail :(

Nobody is a perfect quail keeper (or any other bird for that matter. The fact she flew is a good sign. You might wanna consider clipping the wing feathers back to prevent her from flying away anymore. If the one wing is hurt at least clip the other.... that should still prevent flying.

Back
Top Bottom