Utah!

I know I'm a day late and a dollar short. it's the story of my life, but I'd like to share a bag of DE with someone in the Salt Lake area or buy some from someone who has that 50 lb bag sitting around. Any takers?

Quote:
It wasn't exactly curtains... I cut slits in them about 3" apart, about 3/4 from bottom to top. Nothing fancy, because of course, it's a chicken coop!

Perfect! That's what I was thinking would most closely simulate the prickly bush where they lay. So good to know that this exercise I'm going to undertake might actually be productive.

D.gif

cool.png

I have a fifty pound bag of DE and am willing to go 80 cents a pound if your interested up to ten pounds. I do spread it freely so I'm not saleing alot of it. I'm in sandy if your close I can spare some.
frow.gif

Well, sadly some predator got at the eggs that Big Red was trying to hatch. So last night I threw her back over the fence and she willingly went to roost with the rest of the girls. We'll see if she returns to her nest, but I think she realizes what happenned
hit.gif

There is a family in Midvale that breeds true Standard-bred show-quality large Ameraucanas in Wheaten and Blue-Wheaten colors. They bought the Ameraucanas pictured on the "For Sale" page on my website, plus already had some others, too.

I'll bet you could buy fertile eggs, chicks or started birds from them.
jumpy.gif
Email me if you'd like their contact info.

Last edited:
Well, I hung up privacy curtains on their nest boxes. I made them out of squares of brown and green felt that I bought at Joanne's (4 for $1). Almost immediately after I hung it up, a Wellsummer decided to set up shop in one of the boxes. Let's hope it is private enough for them to utilize.
roll.png

By the way, my other Cuckoo Marans turned up. She was acting very broody and charging the cats that they do not normally notice. I thought I would catch her after I was done teaching, but she disappeared again. I have NO CLUE where her nest is. I don't even know if it is on my property because I searched pretty carefully. Should I just wait for her to turn up again and hope she breaks herself?
idunno.gif

Had a batch of eggs set to hatch on the 28th but had some issues with the bator and was lucky that I got any to hatch at all. My big problem is that only one hatched and the poor thing is soooo lonely. I have some stuffed animals and mirrors but it still isn't enough. I have been all over Craigslist for Las Vegas and also for St. George/Cedar City and haven't found anything. Even Jones Feed in Vegas is out of chicks for 2 wks. Have a friend that got new chicks from McMurray...2 wks ago! So...anybody in the Southern half of the state have a couple of new chickies I could purchase or know of anyone willing to sell? Uno needs a buddy or two!

Back
Top Bottom