yippiechickie.gif

woot.gif

Four!
yippiechickie.gif

mudhen
Jimagination
MarkR
loveladyp

I'm going to call and reserve the shelter at the park tomorrow.

Come on everyone! This is gonna be FUN!
clap.gif

For sure we'll have a potluck, each of us bring a dish of something to share. I'll provide ice, plastic cups, plates, napkins, utensils, and water, OJ, Apple Juice (AJ?
lol.png
), and a variety of sodas for everyone.
pop.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif

YAY! FIVE!
ya.gif

mudhen
Jimagination
MarkR
loveladyp
peacebird

What do you all think about having a swap/buy/sell for all things chicken related (i.e. feeders/waterer/brooders/books/etc.) and/or chickens, chicks, eggs?

Other suggestions? Ideas for more fun?

I have an adorable fat yellow chick ceramic pitcher to put in the swap! And a large ceramic mommahen with chicks under her wings lidded candy dish too!

It's funny - I have a collection of antique glass chicken boxes (shaped like a chicken on a nest, lift the body/top and inside you can store things) which belonged to my great grandmother, grandmother, and ceramic roosters from my mom... Those aren't up for swap - just funny that my urban ancestors all collected chicken sit-abouts!

and now I awaken each day to Mario crowing!
yippiechickie.gif

Maybe folks can bring pictures of the birds and coops? (my set up is TRULY humble.... The coop is simple and cute but now that we have reinforced the pen it looks downright pitiful.....)

Last edited:
Well, if anyone has a couple spare hens, I'd sure take them. I'll bring my chicken crate just in case. Let's see, I guess eggs probably would be a silly thing to bring. I'll have to peek around to see what kind of chicken paraphenalia I have around here.

My wife an I have been meaning to check out Harper's Ferry for a long time now so we may hang out an extra day as well. I've been here almost my whole life and I've never been, go figure. . .

This is going to be very cool.

Mark

Mark - if you like to bike, or just walk - the footbridge (old railroad bridge) in Harpers leads across the river to the C&O Canal path. We biked it from Alexandria to Harpers several times when we lived in NoVa. It's a really pretty pleasant (FLAT) place to bike on an unpaved wide trail.

And you HAVE to try the frozen custard! It's to die for!

Hello! I mostly hang out at the old BYC but I hope you won't hold that against me!
big_smile.png
I'm in No. Va. and would like to come as well!! Lots of Chicken Stocks bring eggs to swap so that's not such a silly idea at all! I think this is the 4th year they've been happening and each one is different and LOTS of fun! I'll see if I can't rustle up some people over at the old BYC to come over here and join in. Count me in!!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom