Vacation

AppMtnChickens

Songster
Sep 19, 2019
Hi everyone! I will be going on vacation next month, and I was wondering what is the best way to make sure my bird have enough food and water? I have 3 ducks, so as you know they waste water like crazy, but I do have a small flock of just 7 chickens. Thanks!

Need more details, like;;
1. For how long?
2.How are your birds housed?
3. Will there be anyone available to check on them?
I have ideas, since I did go on vacation, and did secure my chickens. Its not universal to each situation.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

I agree with @cavemanrich - more details are needed.

Ours are housed in a 100% covered/secured 120 sq. foot run that's built around their coop so realistically, they could be left on their own for at least 2-3 days without anyone checking on them since their waterer in theory should have enough water for that time span (their food is in PVC pipe feeders and lasts about 10 days before needing to be refilled). I would still have someone check on them daily 1) collect eggs 2) ensure their run is still secured and nothing got in 3) fill waterer daily 4) I'm over protective of all my animals

I’m on vacation right now actually, but I can tell you how I prepared.
1. Have a neighbour that lives your chickens and is always coming over to help you take care of them.
2. Have a family member that can take care of them when you crazy chicken kid next store can’t.
3. Get a waterer that doesn’t have to be refilled often.
4. Have a feeder that doesn’t have to be refilled often.

Back
Top Bottom