Valli Dittman introduction

Valli

In the Brooder
Oct 15, 2017
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
No I am not new to chickens. We bought our first flock 4 years ago.
Ten hens and two Roo’s

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? Seven hens from the original flock.

(3) What breeds do you have? Rhode Island Reds

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Researching on raising backyard chickens. A phenomenal resource.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Camping, fishing and family time.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We live in northern illinois I am a Respiratory Therapist. My husband Ray is a plumber and we have been married for fourteen years. We have 2 children both grown and have four wonderful grandchildren, three girls and one boy. We also have one great granddaughter born last month. We have 3 dogs; two German shorthair pointers, Oskar and Gretchen, my hubby hunts pheasants, and one minischnauzer, Greta.
We are looking to expand our bird raising. We want to begin again in the spring. Our current flock will become table birds. We want to raise more layers and expand to meaties and a couple turkeys.

G’Day from down under Valli :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

Personally, I have found the Topic of the Week articles a great resource and a one stop shop for questions which may have already been discussed within the BYC membership group.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom