Vent Gleet- Need advice

Marissa21

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 29, 2017
My sweet girl has been treated this week with Corid (flock too), Safeguard and LA200 for coccidiosis per the justanswer.com vet. At day 4, which was yesterday, I noticed that she now has vent gleet pretty badly. Her vent looked fine when I checked it last weekend, but now her bottom is completely raw. She isn't eating. I have soaked her in warm Epsom water, put her in the tub for the night, and have monistat all over her bottom. I flushed her vent out with chlorahexidine water and a lot of yeast came out. The doc said this won't wk and she needs antibiotics, but we aren't in a financial place to take her in. Guess I am wondering if I should keep trying to save her. Have you all had success saving a bad case of vent gleet without drugs? Should I put her to sleep??? So bummed. She is miserable... any help is really appreciated. ♡

What have been all of her symptoms? How old is she, and does she lay eggs? Can you post a picture of her vent, and what her poops look like? What is she eating? Does she have a bad odor?

You can go to tractors supply and buy antibiotics for livestock dirt cheap. Just look up the dosage if it isn't on the label for chickens. You might be able to just give her a shot instead of feeding it to her, if you are comfortable with that.

You can go to tractors supply and buy antibiotics for livestock dirt cheap. Just look up the dosage if it isn't on the label for chickens. You might be able to just give her a shot instead of feeding it to her, if you are comfortable with that.
You don't treat vent gleet with antibiotics though. Antibiotics would make it worse. I hear what you're saying about getting them cheap though. I got AquaMox from Chewy a few weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom