Ventilation on homeade incubator

rainbowhatchery

Songster
6 Years
Sep 13, 2013
I have a ventilation question. I have 2 incubators made from full sized fridges. I think I might have to much ventilation which makes humidity harder to keep up. I wanted to make sure I had enough so I made quiet a few drill holes but I think I might have to many. Does anyone else have incubators this big and if so how big are your air vents and how many do you have. Or maybe someone who has a big cabinet incubator how big are the air vents on them. I have never owned a store bought cabinet so I dont know how big the vents are. Thanks. On my fridges just as a reference the vent holes are just drilled hole about big enough you could fit your pinky in and I have maybe 4 to 6 holes that size.

I had the same problem with my full size fridge incubator so i closed all vent holes with tape to my surprise still the same problem very hard to raze humidity i still do not know the reason but i solved it by using ultrasonic humidifier now i have 3 vent holes about 2 cm in diameter with no problems i can raze humidity up to 75% with the push of a button on the humidity controller.

I tend to build things pretty hillbilly myself lol. I will probably just get a humidifier from walmart and rig it up to the fridges somehow. Im going to build just one enormous incubator this winter the size of a few fridges so I can put box fans and all that inside and probably just fit a humidifier in it.

Back
Top Bottom