VENTILATION page now up (in draft form, no pix yet)

Extremely useful. As a builder I constantly encounter questions with regard to ventilation. Your page explains it beautifully. Well done!

Last edited:
Thank you Oh Mighty Ventilation One! *bowing*.

I love it and I think it will help others to have that resource. Thanks for taking the time!

Thank you for the time and effort that you put into creating a much needed ventilation page.
I am interested in the eves ventilation because we are to that point in construction of the hen house where we need to decide if the eves will be ventilation or sheathed with a vent cutout lower.
Any ideas on how to make a flap/ shutter under there to close during our harshest winter days? It looks like a tight fit.

Quote:
Thank you very much for your webpage on the fourm because it helps all of us,and what amaizing is that my neighbour the old Farmer seen my coop and tld me it isperfect you do not to do anything for it.I said what about all this spaces between the boards he said : I have seen chicken roosting out in february and thier crown is frozen,but that is no prblem.

That *was* a good deed, since many more people will have access to it here than in some magazine that caters to a small crowd. Thanks for all of you information on ventilation. When we started planning my coop a friend who has helped with the building thought I was nuts because of all the windows and things I'm planning into it. When I showed DH one of your posts about ventilation he understood and is totally on my side. *whew* one less thing to worry about. lol

I think such information like what you posted should be in a place on the fourm where all of us can go back to it and read it over and over,I hope you can try to e mail Administrator to see if it is possible to do such a thing.
Thank you again

Pat,

Take a bow!
cool.png

I hope the website guru makes this highly visible, very clear and informative.

Thanks.

Excellent job Pat
smile.png
your a natural born writer!

Quote:
You can put controlled openings at the eve's, between the roof joists, by simply hingeing a piece of wood that fits between the joists. I use a slip bolt to hold it closed, if I need to, and screen it from the inside with hardware cloth. I hinged them so that the prevailing wind is not directed into the coop, but tends to blow past the openings, and draws air out of the coop. I will try and remember to post a picture later today.

Back
Top Bottom