Very Sick Chick

BabyAndPoki

Chirping
Mar 28, 2019
Arkdale, Wisconsin
They’re a 4 week old leghorn from tsc. Today I noticed they were very lethargic and when I picked them up I could feel their breast bone and hips and they’re very visible when you look at them. I gave them a bath because I found a mite on them but can’t find any others. They won’t eat or drink on their own. I syringed them honey water and apple cider vinegar. They’re having a tough time walking but I think it’s because they’re so skinny and weak. What should I do and what could they have?

Here’s a picture of how boney they are
F1629751-7A6C-4CB9-B4D4-6E78425EB871.jpeg

I got permethrin from TSC when I had a mite issue. It cleaned them up fast. I followed the directions and treated a few chicken directly, but not all. The bedding treatment was the real game changer. I followed the label method to the letter and didn't over do it. It was about 20 dollars for a lifetime supply of the stuff at TSC.

Has it helped at all?

Like the former person said, is the vet an option?

My problem with mites is resolved. So yes it fixed the problem of chicken having mites even though all chicken were not directly treated. Also there is no official egg withdrawal period.

I have a great vet but not many people in the US have access to avian vets myself included. We are pretty much on our own unless you have major resources in the bank.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom