Very sick lady :(

marianne5

In the Brooder
May 17, 2015
Please help.. we have very sick lady.
She is an isa brown hybrid, about 18 months old and until winter was always top of the pecking order
During molt she became very withdrawn and bullied, we worried she wouldn't make it but allas all the feathers grew back and she was fluffier than ever but her personality didn't return the same
Our other 3 hybrids took to sleeping on the roof of the house in their run and left our isa brown on her own Nd she was definately the most bullied. We introduced 3 pullets a few weekz back and it seemed to help rejig the pecking order but our isa brown was starting to eat less abd sleep more.. we have been keeping an eye on her but tonight i have come home to find her lying on the eggs in the egg box eyes shut heavy raspy breathing. Her comb looks purple (lack of oxygen?) And she is pretty much lifeless with exception pf her rasping breath. Iv brought her indoors and let her rest in a box in a warm dark place. Is there any hope for her ? :(

Is she laying? IS she eating and drinking? Does she seem like she is gasping for breath? How long do you think she has been sick.

I dont think she has been laying and she was eating and drinking up until yesterday but not fighting for treats just eating basic amounts of breakfast (which isnt like her) i thougut she might be brooding as she would go to bed before dusk this last week. She is raspy breathing yes
1f623.png

Proper sick only today. Up until now we had suspicions she wasnt quite herself but she wasnt showing obvious signs of ill health

Gaping for breath is never a good sign. If she hasn't been laying, do you think she has been laying internally? Does her abdomen feel hard or warmer than it should? If she has been laying internally, she likely has an infection and there probably isn't much you can do for her. Are you able to take her to a vet?

Hey thanks so much for your advice.. unfortunately our wee lady died not long ago
1f622.png
poor wee soul just glad she didn't suffer too long whatever it was took over quickly
1f623.png
thanks xx

Back
Top Bottom