Very unusual chick, Guinea / chicken hybrid!!

Later on once i have some more time and room i was thinking of breeding a chicken with all other primary poultry like...
Swan
goose
duck
peafowl
quail
turkey
guinea.

I did not add a pheasant because they are to closely related to a peafowl, I don't think this hybrid if crossed would turn out to be much different besides color and tail feathers. And if i understand correctly i believe a peacock is a breed of pheasant from japan or something like that, So i chose a peafowl because of their neat feathery tails.

Love that list, I wonder how a swan would go mating with a chicken?
pop.gif

I think all birds should be hybrids its all the rage in my area with no purer birds left
yippiechickie.gif

Yep that cross would look very weird a chicken with a long neck and odd beak or bill. I wonder if that is possible chickens are easy to breed because they have been domesticated. But I'm not sure the swan have hybrids with a rooster. I think that would be the most odd hybrid of all poultry.
1f423.png

Yep that cross would look very weird a chicken with a long neck and odd beak or bill. I wonder if that is possible chickens are easy to breed because they have been domesticated. But I'm not sure the swan have hybrids with a rooster. I think that would be the most odd hybrid of all poultry.
1f423.png

You could do it I reckon if you locked them in very tiny cages and forced them to breed like the chicken cross guineafowl hybrids were bred
ya.gif

Later on once i have some more time and room i was thinking of breeding a chicken with all other primary poultry like...
Swan
goose
duck
peafowl
quail
turkey
guinea.

I did not add a pheasant because they are to closely related to a peafowl, I don't think this hybrid if crossed would turn out to be much different besides color and tail feathers. And if i understand correctly i believe a peacock is a breed of pheasant from japan or something like that, So i chose a peafowl because of their neat feathery tails.
Some combinations are impossible, you can only make hybrid between related species like chicken, pheasant and grouse species.
http://messybeast.com/genetics/hybrid-birds.htm
Creating hybrid between chicken and duck is impossible because the genes are not close enough. You can put them together and they will mate, but nothing happened, the eggs will not be fertile… I have a male rabbit living with chicken and he tray to mate with hens (and roosters), but I don’t expect any fertile egg
lol.png

here is he dancing around one I saw him jump on one, but I didn't have the camera on hand
wink.png

You could do it I reckon if you locked them in very tiny cages and forced them to breed like the chicken cross guineafowl hybrids were bred
ya.gif
That does seem like a good idea, If they are in a cage and aren't free ranging outside they won't be able to do anything besides mate. I think i should cage them when they are 3 months old and see what happens. But if they don't breed in three months i will release them in a larger coop with access to free ranging so they don't waste there life in cage only for a possible hybrid. Thanks for the reply ColesCreek.
big_smile.png

Just some updated pics of my 4 hybrids, they are doing great!

They are very neat hybrids. how much of those hybrids do you think you have, And what do you call this new Guinea chicken? I wonder why they don't have wattles like the rooster and guinea hen. Maybe their wattles are to different to find a suitable match.

Back
Top Bottom