Vet Rx : I've weezing hen. Not Like Gapworm, just wezzing. eats drinks, lays reg. otherwise Normal.

1TurkenLover

Songster
10 Years
Jul 2, 2013
WASHINGTON state
Whoa . . . what's the talk on Vet Rx, have you used it... did it work for your issues, we just followed directions and put on 30/30 Quarantined flock. looking for humidifier for night treatment. starting count down again.

FYI : VETRX Lab :
1- 800- 554 - 1080

Last edited:
cross posted: ideas to ponder... No antibiotics, just using the Vet Rx, this Am, read instruction, heated bottle " like baby bottles " then put some on birds nostrils, beak and crown. all in flock. Talk about Mad ! we got back hours later, Hen sounds Better.: ) Discovered, that getting a Used Hot Water Vaporizer from thrift store Not worth time it took to find one. none worked. all were rusty when taken apart.... Bought new. w/coffee change , now to rig up dryer type tube for patchwork set up for@ least 1 & 1/2 Hr night treatment. *tip add pinch salt to water* Instruction do not say how long Total treatment is. IDEAS.?

Last edited:
Are you saying there are no other symptoms besides wheezing and using VetRx since this morning seems to be helping? Sorry, just trying to make sure we understand what's going on.

Correct, last week she Sounded Normal, then the Rains Wind and Winter in WA came. 4 days ago @ Mornings feed when I noticed the wheezing.. next day sounded worse, Yesterday I read up on symptoms got ideas, then today started treatment. Just finished rigging up Vaporizer thing. takes a while to patchwork something that will put Vapor into Coop.

Attachments

• IMAG0074.JPG
    IMAG0074.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 5
  • IMAG0075.JPG
    IMAG0075.JPG
    385.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
How much ventilation does your coop have?

If you have closed your coop up tightly for wintertime, then this can contribute to respiratory symptoms.

Cops good w/ventilation no problems with years of 30/30 Quarantined birds. lg Ventilation @ End & a Floor Duct Vent on side, as well as a few inches around Door area.
Just finished the Vaporizer treatment. will see in Am

VetRX is like Vicks for chicken. It's herbal, no chemicals, and safe, and I've seen people post here in the forums that they only used this product and their chickens recovered.

As for vaporizers, maybe not a bad idea if you have good ventilation, but I would use a barometer to gauge the humidity levels so you can moderate it throughout the day. Also, those things can harbor bacteria, so keep it clean.

Are you adding anything to your flocks' water? It sounds like they could use some nutritional support.

ETA: Do I mean barometer? What's that thingy that measures humidity? Gah.

Back
Top Bottom