Video: Reba Squat-Walks ~Update ~ RIP, Beautiful Reba

Quote:
Cynthia, that is EXACTLY how my Barbara (died last spring) and Anna (died this spring) looked and acted when they got sick. Thanks for posting this, it may help many, many people in the future!!!!!

This morning, Reba is squat-walking again. Her abdomen feels small, not in the least bloated. She hasn't laid an egg or expelled anything weird. When DH was feeling around her hip joints and abdomen in that area, it seems tender because she flinches. Gave her some emergency calcium (crushed Tums) and crushed aspirin in plain yogurt and guess that's about all we can do for her. She's an old girl, about to turn 6 years old, but bright eyed and feisty. Hopefully, whatever it is will dissipate and she'll be able to walk upright again like last time.

Sending good thoughts to Miss Reba
fl.gif

hugs.gif

Thank you. She is six years old and hatchery stock to boot, but I hate to lose her now. Was hoping Reba would stick around a couple more years with us. She and the Buff Orp, Sunny, are the only two remaining of my original ten hens. Everyone else has died from internal laying. Miss Reba is one tough cookie, though, so hoping she'll kick this thing's butt again and live to beat up the amorous D'Anver roosters a few more times, LOL.

Two days ago, we found Reba laying against a wall in the coop, panting. She would not get up even for her favorite scratch thrown. Took her in the house. Her abdomen is a bit bloaty and she has lost a little weight so we did give her a round of penicillin, just in case it might help some infection in there. She isn't really any better. She eats and drinks, but can't stand up fully and pants with her wings hanging out like she's hot, but I know it's probably from pain or pressure on her organs or both. Not sure how this will go.

Oh dear
sad.png
I just read through this whole thing. Hopefully she will be able to pass whatever it is like she did last time. Prayers for miss Reba

Thanks, Jess. Reba seems to be feeling better. She was pitching a huge fit this morning in the house after three days of rest and penicillin, so we took her out to the D'Anvers coop where she lives with her pal, Sunny, and my banty Cochin hen. She whooped up on all four of the D'Anvers boys immediately and seemed thrilled to be back. Guess she isn't ready to go to the Great Roost in the Sky just yet. Tough old broad, that Reba. She still can't stand up fully; could be she has hurt her leg at the hock joint, maybe also has some arthritis at her age, but she is determined to keep on trucking.

Back
Top Bottom