Vinegar in water

I think the biggest concern is in galvanized metal waterers because they can get zinc poisoning, but I wouldn't recommend stainless steel either...
A smaller plastic waterer with the ACV mix would be best if you wanted to keep the stainless steel one for regular water.
Thank you. We may switch waterer we put the ACV in. We have a smaller plastic one as well as the big auto one.

Thank you. We have a stainless beer keg hooked up to a stainless bowl with a plastic float valve for a water supply, plus a small plastic one as well. I haven't noticed any corrosion but that's not to say it isn't happening. I have seen "stainless steel" rust when I was building trucks though. Depends on quality of manufacturing.
Oh were you using the vinegar just for keeping the slime/algae out? If so, get yourself a bottle of RV water freshener. We just use 1/2 teaspoon in our 5-gallon nipple waterer and a couple drops in our other smaller ones.

This is the one we bought many years ago at Walmart. Water freshener.jpg

Oh were you using the vinegar just for keeping the slime/algae out? If so, get yourself a bottle of RV water freshener. We just use 1/2 teaspoon in our 5-gallon nipple waterer and a couple drops in our other smaller ones.

This is the one we bought many years ago at Walmart.View attachment 3715674
It was more for the health benefits with keeping the algae out of the waterer a bonus. My wife is a bit of a germaphobe so their container had to be spotless....me on the other hand have a slimy old Kombuca culture sitting on the bench that freaks her out 🤣 Think we will switch where we put the ACV and use our town water in the keg.

Back
Top Bottom