The O’Aces

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 1, 2018
Northern Virginia
Due to my husband’s medical disability, we are beginning to plan for an eventual downsizing/out of state relocation and need to start the process of rehoming our flock. The chickens are a year old. We have 9 Wellsummer hens and 5 French Black Copper Maran hens. We also have three gorgeous, roosters (1 Partridge Rock and 2 French Black Copper Marans). We get about a dozen eggs a day from the 14 hens.

When we restocked our two-hen chicken flock with chicks last year, we couldn’t have anticipated we’d be at this point now. I’ve found a wonderful, forever home for my older hens and am now looking for a home(s) for our flock of one year old chickens. We’d like to rehome them to experienced chicken keepers, who can allow for some free ranging. Our flock has been backyard pets and love patio time with my husband and me. Since they were chicks, he’s pampered them with prepared meals and attention because he was home on medical leave. We want to ensure they go to good homes. I’m hoping to rehome our roosters with sets of hens. I live in Haymarket (Aldie side) and I’m able to drive them as far as two hours to get them into good homes. I can drive further after summer break has started.

I hope you find someone in your area that can help out! Sounds like an amazing flock! I am sorry to hear of your husband's medical disability.

Hello,
Are you still looking for a home for these young hens? I'm in Orange county, Virginia and have been keeping chickens since 2011. We have a very nice set up, and our hens do get to free-range quite a bit. Right now I have five hens and would love to add to my flock.
Thank you!
Amy

Back
Top Bottom