Vitamins A and E -- how much do you give to chicks?

Artie

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 20, 2011
Minnesota
Or is there a good multi-vitamin for chicks? Or do I use a people one? I'm seeing a few issues with my chicks and it's possible they have a vitamin deficiency. I have a whole cabinet full of vitamins, but don't know how much to give them. Vitamins A and E seem the most likely culprits at this point.

I would skip the human vitamins not sure that it would be good for animals hopefully someone with more knowledge about it will chime in. If you want to give them vitamins, I would go to a feed store they have water soluble vitamins for livestock they are around 5 dollars a pack. One of these packs will make a couple hundred gallons, just mix it up per directions and fill their waterer whenever you want to give them vitamins.

Last edited:
Quote:
smile.png
I had read on BYC that someone gave theirs liquid baby vitamins~so I got some from the Drug store & add a few drops to my chicks water.
cool.png

There is a good avian supplement called Avia Charge 2000. It's a powdered concentrate that goes a very long way, has over 70 vitamins, minerals and amino acids made especially for birds. You put about a teaspoon in a gallon waterer, looks like very strong tea and smells a bit fishy. You'll have to order it online, though, never saw it in any pet store or feed store. Stromberg's and McMurray both sell it. I do give them some on occasion, but not very often. Most of the time, you won't need extra vitamins for your birds unless one is under the weather.

Back
Top Bottom