Viva Las Vegas!

I have a strange request. Does any one here in Vegas butcher their own chickens? (Here comes the creepy part)  If so, I need to watch and learn how to do my own. I want to be sure of what I'm doing, humanely and safely. :)

I have butchered many birds in my time. My wife would never let me butcher our birds. :)
It is messy business no matter how you go about it. Also just a side note it is illegal to butcher your own birds in Clark County. Unless it is under the supervision and approved by the health district. Blah blah blah... I don't think you would have anything to worry about but it is something you should know.

Also just a side note it is illegal to butcher your own birds in Clark County. Unless it is under the supervision and approved by the health district. Blah blah blah... I don't think you would have anything to worry about but it is something you should know.

Really?! Uugh! One more thing the gov't has to tell me.....
th.gif

Thank you.

I was contacted today by someone who wanted my free cockerals (already placed them) Initially I thought I had talked to him before as his number looked familiar but after I went and looked it up, I couldn't find it. His stories are off and although he may be telling the truth, I think he is lying about why he wants the birds. If someone contacts you (hispanic with poor english) and you want to see if the guy I talked to is your guy, pm me and ill give you his number.

It looks like I will be moving back to Seattle or Fl and have decided to place my birds. I was going to take them with me as I have put a lot of time and money into these birds but not being NPIP, Ive decided to place them here.

I have 7 pullets for sale 10 weeks old, on organic feed, and well taken care of. 2 are light brahma, 1 jersey giant (hatchery bird), the rest are mixed (a couple may be easter eggers but too soon to tell) I hatched out the mixed chicks and 3 of them will fly up and sit in the chair with me.

$15.00 each. If you want to get into chickens I will place the entire set up with you which consists of a 7x13 pvc run, their perches for the night, dishes and a new bag of feed I just got from Rogue Valley (organic no corn or soy) for $120. You will need a trailer for the pen. I can saw the pen in half too and you could reglue the pen back together. That is another option.

Last edited:
Here is another possible nutso trying to buy birds. Was contacted to buy all my girls and set up I have listed on CL. When he told me where he lived I remembered him from before. He stupidly made the mistake to tell me about having to get rid of all his birds but now he was getting more. LIKE DUH......I just want good homes for my girl. Guess this is going to be harder than I thought.

They brought my coop out today and they did a fantastic job! It's beautiful and made out of recycled materials. They are going to make a Facebook page, so hopefully I'll be able to share it here soon! If anyone wants their number just message me.

I have about 30lbs of Organic Rogue Valley feed from OR and about 30lbs of food grade DE for sale $20.00 for both.

My run is also available for $40.00 I cut the run in half to make it easier to haul. You will need some connecters to put it back together.

I will be receiving everything for Marek's Vaccines sometime next week. Ideally this should be given to chicks as close to hatch date as possible. However, it can safely be given to chicks up to 16 weeks of age. I only have 6 chicks to give this to and the smallest amount I was able to get my hands on was good for 1000 doses. When I mix this vaccine it MUST be used within 60 - 90 min as it is a live vaccine. Because of this time limit and not wanting to waste it all, I would like to open this up to anyone else that would like to get there chicks Marek's vaccination. I'm thinking it would be about $3 each, that would be for the vaccine with a new syringe and needle for each bird. Anybody wanting to do this would need to come to my place at the same planed time because of the time limit.

I also have an injectable vaccine for all worms and all biting blood drinking bugs. This will eradicate any of these bugs for up to 3 months. This should be plenty long enough for the bugs life cycle to completely run its course and die off ridding your chicken parasite free. Chickens must be at least 9 weeks old for this. If your chickens are layers you will have to dump the eggs for 10 days. This is also true if you plan to use them for meat, although I would wait longer if you were to use them for meat. This should be about $3 each with all new needles as well. This vaccine is not a live vaccine so it doesn't have the same time limits as the Marek's vaccination. I will have this available until it runs out or expires. The bottle I have is good for about 500 doses.

I am in no way trying to make any money out of this. I could sell it all and still not recoup the money I put into it. I am only looking to not let this all go to waste because I only have 6 chicks. This is not normally available to everyday backyard bird keepers unless you have ordered your chicks from a place that does it for you. I would like to spread the wealth so to speak while I have the stuff to do it.

Anyone that would like to arrange a time for the Mareks Vaccine and everyone can get on the same time block I would like to do this within the next 2 weeks. If you just want the injectable wormer that can be anytime after next midweek. Please post to this board or send me a message if you want to set something up...

**** Update Update Update**** I priced the cost of the syringes wrong. If you would like to share in either one of these vaccines I would just need $1 each to cover the new syringe for each bird. Please get in contact with me ASAP if you would like to get the Marek's so we cant get the timing all the same for everyone****

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom